PDA

View Full Version : Eric the immigration man

What_does_this_button_do?
25th Oct 2000, 01:02
Happen to stumble on the BBC Airport Docusoap program on UK Horizons tonight. I had forgotton how bad Eric is. No sign of the woman yet but I assume that's on the next program.

Anyone wanting to see how NOT to do customer service is advised to watch!

Buttons

The Guvnor
25th Oct 2000, 11:39
I still fancy his partner. However, no one from LHR immigration has been kind enough to email me her number. Sods! :) :) :)

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

arrow2
25th Oct 2000, 14:39
Guv, Haven't you gotten over her yet - I thought it was just a flash in the pan thingy!! :)

WhoNeedsRunways
25th Oct 2000, 17:30
Guv :

You're a sick man - seek medical help soon !!!

Mycroft
26th Oct 2000, 15:38
Good job he wasn't on duty when Reddo blew in -
"Purpose of visit?"
"PARTY!!"

Unwell_Raptor
26th Oct 2000, 17:19
I think Eric deserves a break. Most people want to see immigration controlled'firmly but fairly, and somebody has to do the dirty work. Suppose nobody did it? It might get crowded around here.

Avman
26th Oct 2000, 17:42
Hear-hear Unwell_Raptor! Erik has a difficult job. The rest of you are oh so typical of the British culture. Criticise, moan and whinge when no one does the job; criticise, moan and whinge when someone does!

What_does_this_button_do?
26th Oct 2000, 17:48
Eric does the job - so does his partner (is it Caroline?), one is polite and the other one is downright rude.

Which would YOU want to deal with when you've got off a 12 hour flight? R&N had a thread about US immigration...similar problem.

The Guvnor
26th Oct 2000, 20:59
Ah, Caroline.... :) :) :) :)

If you think US or UK Immigration is bad, try the Caymans ... yikes! I thought tourism was their second biggest industry??

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

redsnail
27th Oct 2000, 03:12
Mycroft, yeah, I was all set for that. However, I was sent through the express immigration queue and I didn't even have to wave my UK passport at them. (Waved the Oz one instead). Unfortunately, while I was one of the first off, my bag was the last off......

------------------
reddo...feral animal!