PDA

View Full Version : Yes, Mr Bond. Questions...

Self Loading Freight
24th Oct 2000, 21:17
Am I hallucinating? Earlier today a strange little area called Questions turned up on Pprune, with a handful of, well, questions copied to it from other forums.

Now it's gone. Or has it? Where's the right forum in which to ask questions about Questions?

Enquiring minds, and all that...

R

PPRuNe Towers
25th Oct 2000, 12:46
SLF, just had a look in that corner of the Towers. All present and correct.

Working on the title for the other forum you've suggested. Apart from keeping Rumours and News more focussed it could offload a hell of a lot of the 'invisible' work that bogs down our days.

We're still swamped daily with the most basic questions imaginable - we're on a hiding to nothing when the note begins with, 'What does faq mean?' The note then moves on to ask why they're still under line training despite their years of flight time. Dohhhhhh.

Still, the daily dose of hubris tends to keep our feet firmly rooted on the ground and striving to improve the site.

------------------
Regards from the Towers

[email protected]

Genghis the Engineer
27th Oct 2000, 13:50
I once issued a "guide to procedures" to a large number of private aircraft owners. One point (in bold, underlined and all that) was that my office is constantly inundated with phone calls stopping us getting any work done, so all inquiries should be in writing.

The next day, somebody phoned up to ask for clarification of what that meant.

You'll never win boss - but keep trying.

G

VnV2178B
27th Oct 2000, 16:58
SLF,

I don't think you were hallucinating. The first time I saw 'questions' I tried it and it came back with a 'page not found' response. Hitting the 'back' arrow sent me back to the index page and 'questions' wasn't there anymore! Then I got distracted by having to do some work (aaggh!). Later that day (Tuesday?) I tried again and it all functioned properly. I thought it was just our system until I saw your post.

VnV
Will AF get me home next week ?

GREEN
28th Oct 2000, 16:16
I have had the same prob,questions forum is great but my ques on png hasent had a responce