PDA

View Full Version : Calculation of an accelerate-stop reject point

hugh flung_dung
17th Mar 2009, 12:17
There's been a recent discussion about this in the FI/Fe forum.
Many years ago I was taught to require 85% of lift-off speed by 40% of TODR for singles and light twins - I think this came from one of the perf docs but I can't find it.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?

HFD

Pugilistic Animus
17th Mar 2009, 17:46
what does the flight manual give as ASD and TOD to 50'?

they should also state the assumptions: Vr, Vmc+5, etc....

you really have no choice in a single:\

Oktas8
19th Mar 2009, 06:47
Perhaps the flight testing forum might be helpful h-f-d?
Cheers.

Feather #3
19th Mar 2009, 07:46
You'll also need a runway with Distance-To-Run markers and/or a stopwatch which you can look at instead of the ASI/centreline/thrust while dealing with the crosswind. :ugh:

Good luck! :rolleyes:

G'day ;)

B2N2
19th Mar 2009, 11:19
Many years ago I was taught to require 85% of lift-off speed by 40% of TODR for singles and light twins

Forgive my ignorance, but where would you find this information since it's not in the POH?
For light singles I simply use T/O ground roll + Landing ground roll + 20% (for less then stellar pilot performance) = ASDR

Old Smokey
20th Mar 2009, 15:28
B2N2's proposal is the best reply you're going to get for your question.

Considering that this category of aircraft is not certified for Accelerate-Stop performance at all, this proposal comes closest to what is tested and certified for those aircraft that do require it. The 20% may be a bit generous, maybe the equivalent ground distance for, say, 5 seconds at Takeoff Safety Speed might be a bit more appropriate.

Regards,

Old Smokey

Pugilistic Animus
20th Mar 2009, 16:21
Alright, OS--- I'll have to explain myself a bit, but first I have to say the original poster HFD has been talking hooey with me in past threads, so I answered very obtusely,...

but now I feel obligated to write more

I don't have time right now but I'll get back to this at a later time:8

Really anxiously awaiting your email:ok:

enjoy your trip --

B2N2 I'll write that down great idea:D

PA:)