PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Video Clips and TV Programs, any advice Please?

Roger Sofarover
16th Mar 2009, 19:12
First of all, I am a compunumpty grade 1. I chat regularly to a group of like minded folks concerning aircraft accidents. I have server space available from a business I have. What I would like to do is to be able to upload, movies and clips from certain tv programs, I guess a little bit like youtube but for Accident investigation/CRM folks, to enable discussion and debate to take place.

Is there a file format I should change these movies/programs in to that would allow video streaming at a decent speed? We think uploading then streaming is better than having to download clips from the website. Do I need to upload any special software on to the server to facilitate this? I will get someone that knows, to do it, I am just trying to get an idea of time taken and any cost I may incur as this will not be a commercial site. We are aware of copyright issues etc.Thanks:ok:

Jofm5
16th Mar 2009, 19:57
I have never done this but...

Quite a good discussion on the hows and whys can be viewed here: How to Make Streaming Video (http://www.mediacollege.com/video/streaming/overview.html)

Roger Sofarover
16th Mar 2009, 21:09
Brilliant Thanks:ok: