PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter operators in Mwanza?

MacChimpman
16th Mar 2009, 15:59
I'm looking for a helicopter operator out of Mwanza. Have a client who has some work in western TZ. Any ideas?

Der absolute Hammer
16th Mar 2009, 17:36
Yerp!
Telephone the control tower?

406pilot
17th Mar 2009, 20:00
hola'

i used to see a blue alouette helicopter parked there, but today saw a red one same kind so, yes there is a crazy pilot who does some silly stunts over the runway with it...al the best

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

B737 lover
19th Mar 2009, 10:42
U mean silly stunts like the ones you used to do with a Subaru Impreza?
What a character!
Aka benz lover.

heliace
20th Mar 2009, 09:01
Akagera Aviation based in Kigali Rwanda have done work in Tanzania. What kind of work and what type of a/c you looking for? Takes a week or two to get permits etc.

MacChimpman
23rd Mar 2009, 18:34
Thanks for that, Heliace. I had not known about Akagera before, good to know.

Do they have anything larger than R-44's? Would prefer a turbine, as Jet-A1 can be had in Kigoma, but avgas is a pain. Need something like a Squirrel or perhaps a JetRanger to ferry a team around for 4 days.

Soap Box Cowboy
24th Mar 2009, 07:36
There is a lodge out in Serengetti with one or two Eurocopters. Buisness might be slow for them right now so they might be keen on a four day contract.

The Army has one Bell 402 remaining you might be able to work out a deal with them, though they have a tendency to drop out of the sky, they lost one whilst flying with a film crew.

Also the police has a jet ranger they might hire out.

406pilot
25th Mar 2009, 09:18
hola'

AFRICAN LIVE WORKS (pty) ltd
jimmy campbell
managing director

cell: +255 787 909334

hope it helps, i spoke to him he has aound 8 allouette helicopters in south africa and a couple based in mwanza, i think he said something like 2000$ @ hour as the charge..

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

heliace
26th Mar 2009, 08:52
Akagera Aviation only has R44's right now. Fleet expanding later in the year.

Two R44's are still cheaper than most turbines in the region. AVGAS is a problem but can be transported to a central point when working on contracts.

Only other choice is a machine out of SA since work is fairly quiet there at the moment, you may be able to negotiate.