PDA

View Full Version : looking for an adventure

mcgarrjr
15th Mar 2009, 21:56
Hello. Currently i'm a US regional pilot with 2500 hours. With no upgrade in sight (zero movement), i'm looking for an opportunity to fly overseas in an exciting environment with the hopes of a quick upgrade. Currently hold an FAA Commercial, multi with instrument rating. I'm SIC typed in both CL-65 and Beech 1900 aircraft. I have 1500 hours Alaskan bush time with 400 hours PIC. Who are some repitible 1900 operators that might hire?

Cheers,
Jon

sicamore
23rd Mar 2009, 09:38
Try the above two. They have some interesting flying

Tin-Tin
23rd Mar 2009, 11:33
Looking for adventure..Become a plumber:}

point8four
23rd Mar 2009, 11:35
Or downtown Lagos any night of the week!

Rich Pitch Power
23rd Mar 2009, 12:53
I think you may be shooting a little low which is only my opinion. Unless you have to be in Africa like myself I would suggest you be somewhere else. Having said that I have learned far more here and felt far more part of an operation than anywhere else. The friends made are incredible and for life.:ok:

Kenya, Namibia and South Africa are likely culprits for you as I know just a little about these places. Try Delta Connection in Kenya..... Have caught a ride a few times into Southern Sudan with these 'boys. It looks like a work permit in Kenya is a hassle as most places in Africa goes....

Best of luck and only shift if absolutely necessary...

RPP

P.S. PM me for info if you are struggling.....:{

wabulabantu
23rd Mar 2009, 15:23
Delta Connection is no longer in business. At least on the 1900 side of things.

Check out ALS | Home Page | Dash to Lokichoggio twice daily with ALS | (http://www.als.co.ke/) and Fly540 - Cheap flights in Kenya Uganda Angola Tanzania. Book online for cheap flights (http://www.fly540.com/) for 1900's

and

JetLink Express (http://www.jetlink.co.ke/) for CRJ's

mcgarrjr
26th Mar 2009, 19:41
Thanks for the insight!!! Knowing no one over the dark content coupled with the distance has made browsing/applying for jobs hard at best. I’ve checked out the links, sent my resume and I’m hoping for the best.

I’ve backpacked through parts of Africa and would welcome an opportunity to go back. For those ex-pats flying there, did you find knocking on doors needed or is sending an email with a resume sufficient?

I’m 25 years old with no financial or personal obligations tying me down. Much like my sister, who moved to Guyana in South America last year, I’m ready and wanting to head out on another adventure!!!

Anyone who has made the transition, please share your experiences.

Thanks again!!!!

Cheers,
Jon

Tapejara
22nd Apr 2009, 10:00
Contact me at [email protected]

I might be able to assist you with more information with regards to Namibia.

contrabando
9th May 2009, 19:14
Jon,

Please to tell me. I have several million dolla in bank account in Outer Mongolia. You want advent? Go to my account in Inner...I mean Outer Mongolia and retrieve my millions. Keep a million for yourself but first to give me $1,000 of you dolla for this permission. I am exiled from Outer and can no go back. Please to see this adventure. Money now of course!

Thanking you now!
Omar

DeathStar-Alpha
10th May 2009, 11:59
forget the name exactly, Angola air services? have 1 (or 2?) 1900'c from memory..

I gotta be honest here aswell, you're nuts to wanna go there. though I agree it is an adventure, it's also a danger to your health and to some extremities your life.

But I gotta laugh, cause if I'm also to be honest, I want to go back there. It's ****ake when you're there and all you wana do is get out but once you're back home you miss it..hmmmmmn :confused:

goodluck mcgarrjr