PDA

View Full Version : Could a pilot really fly MS Flight Sim?

jtr
17th Oct 2000, 00:04
Plot for my break into the movie world.

cortilla
17th Oct 2000, 00:36
i have 100 odd hours total with many many landings in real life, however, everytime i flew ms flight sim, I have crashed every single time. Couldn't even make it onto a proper final. Must be the bright lights of chicago blinding me

exeng
17th Oct 2000, 01:43
Yes, but who cares?

Regards
Exeng

BoeingBoy
17th Oct 2000, 01:50
Yes, I can land Microsoft Flt.Sim.98, Combat flight sim, and 'Fly'. All of them with any type of aircraft.

But then since I land Boeing 757's for a living and Cherokee's and Chipmunks for fun, I should bloody well hope so!

Keep smiling... :)

DOC.400
17th Oct 2000, 01:57
My 6 year old can land on FS98, no problemo.
He can also fly the real thing straight and level and nice banked turns, while sitting on his booster seat.
I just work the pedals!!

Jetdriver
17th Oct 2000, 02:12
I wasn't sure this was really possible, so I tried it.

It only proved possible with the help of my 10 year old son.

Had it not been for his valuable "assistance" I would have failed to successfully land the thing. The problems were (real Pilots will appreciate the points) :-

1) No I didn't know what all the buttons did.

2) It takes days to train, and no I never did read the manual.

3) I didn't get a nice view from there.

4) I didn't earn "pots" of money for doing nothing.

5) Yes I had crashed lots of times.

6) No I didn't get lots of visitors.

In fact as far as I could make out, the only similarity was that the "Co-Pilot couldn't wait for me to retire so he could jump into my seat".

C'est la vie !

Lurk R
17th Oct 2000, 03:57
Answer is no.

FSim can't bring coffee and meals... :)

buck-rogers
17th Oct 2000, 15:21
Yes probably,

But when he left the flight deck he would still be in the back bedroom.

gaunty
17th Oct 2000, 16:31
I simply can't. No probs with a real one tho.
Anybody who wants my copy can have it, I can't fly it nor do I have the patience to go thru all the folderol of keystrokes. Perhaps I'm to old.
My son can but I wouldn't let him near a real one yet, unless it has a beer pump with a popcorn machine attached. :)

Snap
22nd Oct 2000, 23:43
Personally I couldn,t find the phone to call for a coffee from a stroppy stewardess so it isn`t realistic enough to spend time on.

Pandora
22nd Oct 2000, 23:49
Weird sense of deja vu here. Didn't we have the MS sim vs real pilot thread a while ago?

JMcKenna73
23rd Oct 2000, 00:06
Can anyone fly the helicopter with all the realism settings turned up?? (Chopper pilots especially)

Chill
23rd Oct 2000, 00:22
Oh, surely you must be joking ... fly the helicopter ... now there's a contradiction in terms http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif . (I mean the sim one - not the real deal :) ).

------------------
Chill Out!

daft fader
23rd Oct 2000, 01:14
If you get a decent joystick (i.e. a force feed back one) and avoid taildraggers and fast jets, its not too hard. Landing the c182 on the aircraft carrier is a breeze (pun) if you dial up a 20knot wind straight down the deck.

Jetset Willy
23rd Oct 2000, 12:38
Sorry, slightly off topic, but FSim's comment got me thinking... why don't they do a virtual FA/stewardess add-on for FS2k? It could certainly spice the game up a little, and would also be quite useful when flying the C182, as they could handle the joystick, leaving you to deal with the more complex navigational exercises.. ooer!

Also having just read the hilarious thread on the logistics of flying ThunderBird 1 elsewhere on these pages, and with all the extra airplanes now available on fs2000, why not create some thunderbird flight models as add-ons? It could be a laugh... Having said that, I definitely think I need to get out more... :)

gravity victim
23rd Oct 2000, 18:58
F/A add-on for Flight Sim? I spotted the very thing in a little shop in Amsterdam...all it needs is a foot pump and four AA batteries and you're in business! :) :)