PDA

View Full Version : JMC

Readability5
18th Sep 2000, 17:04
Just suffered my second 3 hour + delay in a week as a pax on JMC and wondered if it (and the excuses) were normal for the operator.

Flight to FAO lunchtime on 10/7 was delayed due to earlier fog at LGW. That's fine, these things happen.

Got to FAO yesterday afternoon to be told that there was another 3 hour delay and the rep thought it was a knock on from last weeks problems (the fog, not the fuel!)

Thought I'd throw a few questions out for ppruners and see if anybody else has this experience regularly.

Is this usual for this operator? It was suspicious at LGW that we were the only flight seemingly delayed by the fog.

When a delay like this occurs why don't they leave the pax in the resort rather than dumping you in a god forsaken toilet of a departure lounge?

Another pax told me at baggage reclaim that he'd been told of another JMC flight delayed in LGW for 24 hours (another told the same story but with 36 hours) and that JMC didn't have the aircraft.

The first I heard of JMC's involvement was when we arrived at LGW. Booked with Going Places and tickets said Airtours, reps were Airtours, and the 2 Airtours flights at either end left and arrived on time - anybody know the tie in with JMC?

Loved everything about the week (including JMC when they turned up) but a massive delay on each leg really puts the dampers on it http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

cokehead
18th Sep 2000, 21:33
Summer seasons can often be a trying time for charter operators. To keep costs down you have to have your aircraft flying 24/7 for 6 months of the year and there are often odd technical or weather delays. A delay at the wrong time of the week can have a knock on effect for days on end coupled with ATC slots etc. If the charter companies had spare aircraft lying around for such contingencies then your average package holiday would cost a great deal more. Personally I suspect they were having a bad week and you should leave it at that.....but I stand to be corrected.

BTW I don't work for jmc :)

GristyEZY117
30th May 2001, 03:10
Hello, Im sorry to hear about your delay with JMC...Last year i flew with them from Cardiff-Dalaman and was 20mins early on arrival and coming home 30mins early, i was pretty impressed. That's not too say i wont be delayed this year when i fly from Bristol-Larnaca with them, well i hope not anyway!
Glad you enjoyed it after all
Regards...

P.S:- This was travelling on the A320 and the pilot was very nice, allowed me to stay in the cockpit for quite a long time, over Istanbul :)

euroboy
31st May 2001, 10:46
I experienced the same kind of delay at AGP last February with JMC. All the other flights leaving AGP on time, but JMC delayed. The reason was that the aircraft which had been scheduled to operate the flight had been hit be a catering truck so they had to position an aircraft from BHX to LGW.

JMC and Airtours have nothing to do with each other but I expect Airtours had purchased a few seats on the JMC a/c for the summer.
Other reasons JMC may have been delayed is the a/c may have been stuck down route earlier in the day or days and they are trying to catch up.

But the begining of May is the start of the Summer season so there tends to be a few changes to operators and a/c type.

[This message has been edited by euroboy (edited 31 May 2001).]