View Full Version : Direct Entry Captains and FOs this summer in easyJet

Screwballs
13th Mar 2009, 13:03
As it is a rumour network...

Just thought I'd go fishing for rumours from the any other airlines about DEPs coming to the big easy this summer. We are hearing a lot ourselves and I just thought I'd try and get some feedback from PPRuNe.

Ciao,

Screwballs

TRon
13th Mar 2009, 13:31
All the DEP's FO's are coming from CTC's Flexi Wings scheme from what I read.

As for DEC's, company and BALPA line is there will not be any. People are talking about serious BALPA backlash if there is any as the company pushed through a 2nd tier captains contract to avoid having to use contract captains. Whether that is the case no-one really knows. If there is a shortfall from the crew optimizer which many believe there will be, then they will need captains and new FO's yesterday..Who knows what they will do...everyone in easyJet is watching this space waiting for the optimizer to mess up..

Personally and honestly if it does go wrong, they wont have anticipated it and wont have the capacity to take the number of F/O's offline to promote them and plug that gap with F/O's that need type rating..

Watch this space is all I'd say..

Ellis Hill
13th Mar 2009, 17:57
Rumour that virgin will be seconding unwanted captains this summer. No F/O's though, considered politically risky.