PDA

View Full Version : PB Air ?

l8starter
12th Mar 2009, 23:23
Anybody know anything of this company and their ERJ145 Operation ? What are they like to work for, Safe operation, good engineering ? T's & C's etc., expanding rute structure with ERJ145 ? Taking expats at the moment ?

A search yielded absolutely zilch, but they seem to have been around for a few years ?

Many thanks.

L8.

ZFT
13th Mar 2009, 01:26
They are currently leasing an ATR 72-500 from Bangkok Airways to substitute their two ERJ 145 grounded for maintenance reasons

Strong rumour that they will also lease/buy the 2 TG ATRs

Kapt
13th Mar 2009, 11:03
Do not take expats, Ex. BKK based Capt. Did have a B-767 in 2005 with a US Capt.

l8starter
16th Mar 2009, 11:07
Thanks for the replies. Also had a PM from an ex expat employee, intimating I would have to be feeling extremely desperate to consider working for this company :(. Shouldn't be too long now then . . . . .

L8.

Sharpie
16th Mar 2009, 11:31
All I can suggest is that you read every post that you can find about expat employment in Thailand in pprune, as well as information in Thailand Guru, AngloINFO Bangkok-Work Permits and employment contracts in Thailand, SCM International Law Office Ltd., Bangkok, Thailand - Legal & accounting services (http://www.thailandlaw.com), Bangkok Post, the Nation Newspaper, official Thai Gvt web on Visa and Work permits, and once you think that you are a full bottle, go back and re-read it all again. Remember that you usually provide you own accommodation that can range from around bt5000 - to - 40,000 + /month. as well as electricity, water, tv, taxi to/from employment and other amenities, plus added cost of leaving to re-enter every 30 days to renew a visa, varies fron say bt4,000 to 15,000 month depending where you go to reenter from.

Many expats employed in all walks of life have experienced problems with low pay, no pay, broken promises, no B visa, no work permit, so do not walk in with eyed wide shut. Remember Boy Scouts motto. Be Prepared.

Apart from that wee epistle, enjoy the land of smiles.

jamestaylor
18th Mar 2009, 04:54
The aviation industry in Thailand does not want any expats - period. There are a few SVP CC at BK Airways but he is an an exception. Thailand is for Thai's (in there national antheme) even if you wed a thai it is still a nightmare with immigration, housing, ownership, law etc etc etc. However, for the cheap beer food and whatever it is a great place if you can afford to work on such a minimal salary. I can not so I travel the world working in this challenging business.......................

Secondly, please all stay wasy from PB, One to Go, Phuket Air, etc as saftey is NOT there number one goal as it must be.:ok:

l8starter
19th Mar 2009, 21:07
Thanks very much for the advice and the information. It seems that PB Air's ERJ's have gone !? The 'rumour' was that a european agency was touting for business, and obviously all leads are (initially at least) worth following/considering. The problem with being unemployed is that you have far too much time on your hands, and it can become a fine line between feeling positive and desperate.

Anyway, I'm certainly a bit wiser about Thailand now than I was before (had never really considered Thailand as an option before, apart from the usual dreams we all have), and it looks like a none-starter for sure. So just like to say thanks for now, for all of your contributions (either publically or privately), it's appreciated.

Keep smiling ! Thanks

L8.

PCLCREW
21st Mar 2009, 19:51
About 2 years ago they had an opening for ERJ Capts, so I sent them an email, and they told me they do expats and to send them a resume. After some further research I never did.
I guess this has changed.

Thai Skys the L1011 operated, now gone also took expats.