PDA

View Full Version : Copy and pasting prob?

tony draper
12th Mar 2009, 19:00
The usual method I employ has stopped working for some reason,only on photo bucket I might add,the normal method I employ is to go to a photo I wish to show on Pprune on photobucket highlight the image thingy code in the box on the right, click edit at the top of my browser and click copy, then go to the thread on prune I wish the picky to be displayed upon then open a new post go back to the edit at the top and click on paste and the image url or whatever it's called appears.
This no longer works everything up to the point of pasting onto a post works but nothing appears.
Is there another method of copying and pasting? ie keypress's not using the mouse I seem to recall someone telling me that one time.
:confused:

green granite
12th Mar 2009, 20:11
Tony, Photobucket seem to have changed things a bit but under the picture there is a list "e-mail", "direct", "html" and "img" if you click on "IMG" then right click on the highlighted url next to it and select 'copy' then go to where you want to paste it left click to get the text bar where you want to paste then just right click and paste.

tony draper
12th Mar 2009, 20:23
That is exactly what I do as I explained albeit in a rather muddled up way above,it just does not work doing that now,just tried again no joy.:(

al446
12th Mar 2009, 20:28
If it's of any use, which I doubt in this case, Ctrl-c = copy, Ctrl-v = paste, Ctrl-x = cut. That is on all progs. In this case sounds like an issue with photobucket which I've never used. Sorry.

tony draper
12th Mar 2009, 20:38
Yer it just seems to be photobucket that's buggad, my copy and past method still seems to work with everything else,it was offline yesterday for maintainence,hope so, got a awfull lot of pickies in me album.
:uhoh:

Background Noise
12th Mar 2009, 20:49
Same for me - the copy function doesn't work from the thumbnail at all. The click. and it says it's copied, doesn't work for me even after opening the specific picture. I have to click, then right click and copy (from the enlarged pic, not the album thumbnail) for it to work. That seems to be a recent malfunction for me.

tony draper
12th Mar 2009, 20:59
Ah well tiz not just my album then,we shall just have to sit back and wait until they fix it,thank you for the help chaps.
:ok: