PDA

View Full Version : just a little question about orlando flight training

zuluflyer
12th Mar 2009, 18:00
how many hours a week can u be expected to fly there and what is generally the airport like is it busy with the main airport? also what are the aircrafts like

citation89
12th Mar 2009, 23:16
I did my PPL there last year, I was booked to fly about 20 hours a week but flew about 12 due to weather. Depends how busy they are at the time.

The aircraft are old but they are generally reliable, some go tech quite often but its the same most places.

The airport is normally fairly busy with other training aircraft and with bizjets etc.

Hope this helps.

PM me for any more info if you wish

ECTM
13th Mar 2009, 15:00
citation89 and Highflyer
I'm looking a getting a JAA PPL (no plans for a CPL) and is currently evaluating various FTO's.
You wrote that the weather issues, what time of the year where you there?
And can you recommed Orlando Flight Training?
-Mads

citation89
13th Mar 2009, 15:52
I was there from January - March so not the best time of year. It wasnt major weather, a lot better than you would get here anyways!

Yeah I would be happy to reccomend them to anyone, like with all FTOs, you need to keep track of your account with them but they have a good setup, great instructors and great location!

VSCIST
17th Mar 2009, 11:04
I went to OFT in 2007 and hoped to complete my PPL, Multi, IMC, Hourbuilding and then come back to the UK for ATPL etc, i spent 3 months over there and on the day i left i managed to squeeze in my PPL Skills test! Ok the weather was partly to blame, but they kept brining in CABAIR student that were on the Intergrated course from the UK and rushing them through so we (the normal) people didnt get a look in!

The instructors were great and had no problem with them, just with the management!

Money Money Money!!! that was all they were interested in!!!

labrat28
24th Mar 2009, 03:57
There were no "CABAIR student that were on the Intergrated course from the UK" at OFT in 2007. It was all modular.

Fingermouse
14th Nov 2012, 12:57
The Cabair students get priority, if you aren't Cabair and you go there just for a PPL then yes, you are a second class citizen as stated above. I have seen this happen. Some of the staff there have told me of some practices they don't agree with but have to conform to to keep their employment in aviation. The management will appear on pprune to disapprove of negative comments when this happens and folk respond publicly just to let others know what happened. If any comments appear stating that OFT is a great place or are supportive of the organisation, just look at the poster's previous threads and posts to determine if they are biased or not ;) and form your own objective opinion. Anybody can PM me for further information regarding Orlando Flight Training, I'd love to hear from you.

timeforclarity
14th Nov 2012, 16:53
Your advice is a little out of date

OFT is under new ownership & I'd stay away. It's now ACA. Same **** different name.

Cabair also no longer exists.