PDA

View Full Version : Distance Learning with London Met

skyhighbird
12th Mar 2009, 10:02
Hi guys,

I have already conducted a search and have found a few threads on the above title but only within the LMU thread. Some are quite dated too.

I want to know if anyone lately/currently is doing the ATPLs via Distance Learning with London Met. I have read that BGS is second to none etc but the 2X2 week refreshers do not work well for me. Especially as I live the other side of London! LMU would be ideal for me.

If anyone is doing the LMU DL, how is it going? Is there anything I should be wary of?

As a sub question, how long did it take you and what are the realstic hours needed to successfully do the course. I have worked out that I can do 3 hours a day, and max 10 over the weekend so 25 hours a week. Is this enough or would I be on the knife edge of passing or not?

Even if you are not in LMU Distance learning, I would still appreciate hearing any of your Distance Learning experiences.

SW1
12th Mar 2009, 12:23
Hi Skyhigh,

Im currently DL with London Met, have my last 4 exams in April. Started the course June 23rd 2008.

The course is generally good, I would say invest in Bristol feedback as early as possible as the LMU questions are not that great.

The course is split into three phase; A,B and C and the relevent subjects studied vary from Aircraft gen, P of F and performance in Phase A, Gen NAv, Instruments, VFR/IFR Comms, air law, Rad Nav and finally Phase C which composes; Flight Planning, M&B, Ops Procedures, HPL and Met.

I had the opportunity to pay as I went so Paid 650 pounds per phase, total for course 1950 pounds excluding exam fees.

Brushup weeks are included in the price.

Generally a good course. Hope that helps.