PDA

View Full Version : more baron time

bizzybody
12th Mar 2009, 09:43
Some of you may remember my threads regarding baron time.

Its that time again. This time...... its Darwin (Noonamahactually 50ks out) to Sydney.

If anyone is interested in building their Baron time on this 1800nm flight let me know.

Fuel costs only

Bring your friends. Its a long flight]

BB

Horatio Leafblower
12th Mar 2009, 11:50
Good on you Biz.

You are running a business and you have bought an aeroplane, yet here you are asking some poor young sap to:

a/. Ferry the aircraft 1800 nm for you; and
b/. PAY FOR THE ******* FUEL!!! :eek:

Where the hell do you draw the line?

bizzybody
12th Mar 2009, 12:14
here we go. :ugh:
If there is anyone that can get 15 or so hours in command on a baron for free whenever they want on someone elses aircraft please let me know. cheap way to get time on a baron. Fuel only

you can only wait for free handouts for so long

Work it out.... how much fuel does a baron burn an hour, get the fuel costs and then work out what it will cost per hour... You cant hire a f:mad:g cherokee or 172 for that hourly rate

I have paid for the whole flight on the last 2 ferrys

Horatio Leafblower
12th Mar 2009, 12:30
Bizzy

YOU are the one asking for the free handout.

Asking a young fella to pay for YOUR fuel costs to ferry YOUR new aircraft to YOUR base?

I am sure you will get a taker, but please don't dress it up as though you are doing anyone (except yourself) a favour. :mad:

That you have paid for the whole cost yourself the last 2 - GOOD.

Why the policy change? :=

Is it simply that you think times have chaned and you can screw harder? :eek::eek:

Assuming we accept your estimate of 15 hours :rolleyes: ...if you employ a commercial pilot to do this flight you owe him 15 x $67.95 = $1019 gross, + 9% Super.

Meal allowances under the award = $101.25

IF he is willing to forgo the wages due to him in exchange for the opportunity, that's one thing.

Asking him to pay for the fuel as well? :yuk:

bizzybody
12th Mar 2009, 12:49
Not everyone is fortunate to have as many hours as you and im sure (by the sound of it) you bludged off free handouts when you were starting out.

Lucky you.:ok:

Once again, find me a baron that you can get 15 hours or so for free... 100% free. Not even a landing fee. Exactly. it doesnt exist.:ugh:your f:mad:g dreaming

wages?? this is a private aircraft for hire. I never said anything about commercial ops. w:mad:r

The offer stands PPL or CPL dont care. If anyone wants CHEAP hours on the baron then let me know you can pay for the fuel ONLY.

For those who think they are better than that, fine you can pay 450 per hour for it when it gets to here

Horatio Leafblower
12th Mar 2009, 12:57
Not everyone is fortunate to have as many hours as you and im sure (by the sound of it) you bludged off free handouts when you were starting out.

I will be happy to bring my 4 logbooks to Sydney and pick through every single page with you. You find me a verifiable "bludge" hour and I will buy you a carton of crownies for each one.

"By the sound of it"? Don't try and label me a "bludger" when it is YOU (the profit-making business owner) sponging off the (capital-challenged) new starters out there.

find me a baron that you can get 15 hours or so for free... 100% free.

How about a baron on which you can do some WORK and ge PAID for it?

...guys... you have paid for that endorsement, remember? :confused: :uhoh:

The offer stands PPL or CPL dont care. ... so you have posted his on the AGACF... and the Rec Aviation Forums? Plenty of PPLs there. Maybe on the AOPA Forums?

...or have you gone to the Professional Pilot Rumour Network?

MODS how long has D&G supported unpaid labour? :suspect:

bizzybody
12th Mar 2009, 13:01
You find me a verifiable "bludge" hour and I will buy you a carton of crownies for each one.

so you paid for yours hours then..........?

let them decide for themselves. It is not your cup of tea and thats fine. But if someone esle wants to do then that is their choice.... there are plenty of PPl holder on this forum too.

Mods if you wanna close the thread thats fine i have a few people to choose from now anyway. thanks

Horatio Leafblower
12th Mar 2009, 13:06
Every dual or CPL training hour paid for from my own pocket... every hour since either a private hire paid for by me, or paid work.

Can't say I have ever paid for the fuel to ferry someone else's aircraft to them!

Maybe I am just another stingy pilot :sad:

bizzybody
12th Mar 2009, 13:13
Every dual or CPL training hour paid for from my own pocket
listen to yourself mate. You are telling people not to do the very same thing you are proud of doing!!!!

Horatio Leafblower
12th Mar 2009, 13:24
I have paid for 200 hours CPL/CIR training and a Grade 3 instructor rating. I also paid for my Chieftain endorsement. JUST the training mind you... NOT faffing about draining Dad's super fund just building hours.

Paying for YOUR Baron to be delivered to YOU at (130 lph x $1.60 x 15 hours) = $3120... sheesh!

Last time I ferried an aircraft I was paid $5000 for 45 hours in the RHS. The Capitano was paid nearly twice that I believe.

Finally, a point of order..

You are telling people not to do the very same thing you are proud of doing!!!!
Horse ****. I am telling YOU not to exploit young pilots. If I did that (and I certainly don't) I would certainly NOT be proud of it.

bizzybody
12th Mar 2009, 13:39
not that im overly worried anymore but....
did you start flying chieftains as soon as you got your 3 or 5 hour endorsement? if not how did you get your hours up
if you did... that operators has more faith than i do
"$3120" hmmmmmmmmm 15 hours on command time? not a bad rate is it:ok:

Last time I ferried an aircraft I was paid $5000 for 45 hours in the RHS. The Capitano was paid nearly twice that I believe
congrats champ:D:ok:

anyways lets just both admit that we both think the other person is a friggen idiot and call it quits hey??

AirlinePirate
12th Mar 2009, 13:52
Arr.

Me company and me just bought a second hand B747. I be lookin' fer someone, PPL or CPL, to ferry it fer me from London, to Sydney.

It'll only cost ye the price of the fuel it burns.

Where else can ye private-hire a 747 for only the fuel cost?? This is such a good deal, and I'm really generous for offering it!!

Arr.
:zzz:

Mecarsa Bitrusty
12th Mar 2009, 14:49
did you start flying chieftains as soon as you got your 3 or 5 hour endorsement? if not how did you get your hours up
if you did... that operators has more faith than i do
"$3120" hmmmmmmmmm 15 hours on command time? not a bad rate is it:ok:
Bizzy, have you ever heard of ICUS mate, at this level of aviation it can be used successfully to train new company pilots to a standard that is acceptable to send him/her out over the horizon in command of such aircraft and also meet the minimum time on type for both the VFR and IFR charter! :ok:

I’m sure you will find some poor soul that is willing to blow 3k to relocate your aircraft, I hope not! :cool:

an3_bolt
12th Mar 2009, 21:03
Me company and me just bought a second hand B747. I be lookin' fer someone, PPL or CPL, to ferry it fer me from London, to Sydney.

It'll only cost ye the price of the fuel it burns.

:ok: Yeah baby - twins Basil - TWINS!!!!

Sure you guys are not related??:}:}

Aerodynamisist
12th Mar 2009, 23:22
Good plan bizz, get someone inexperienced and fire them off on a long trip across a remote area, and make them pay for the fuel ? bet your aircraft arrives with burnt out valves from running super lean all the way.

porch monkey
13th Mar 2009, 00:28
Just a quick calculation using bowser fuel prices, yes I CAN get a 172 or cherokee for less than that.

300Series
13th Mar 2009, 00:33
What about the airfares for the bloke you get to do the flight? Say if he's melbourne or brisbane based or whatever are you going to pay for his/her airfare from their base to darwin to fly YOUR aircraft back? And whatabout from Sydney to their base when the flight has been completed. You going to pay for that to? What about other expenses on the trip, accom, meals, taxi fares, airfares? Are you going to cover this Bizz?

When all the costs are added up it is probably cheaper to just hire one and burn around in it for the same amount of time. (I am not saying to anyone do this, i think people should cut their teeth and do their time just like everyone else before them has)

Lasiorhinus
13th Mar 2009, 14:06
If I private-hire an aircraft, I expect to be able to fly it wherever I want to go.

If you expect someone to fly it where you want it to go, you should be paying them.

Utradar
13th Mar 2009, 15:07
Bizz, It's people like you that need to be exposed! This is to ensure that vulnerable new pilots viewing this website understand how the industry frowns on exploitation of their skills. Bizz, Champ:D, it may be a private operation, but this is worse than flying for free! Scumbag

Mr Bomb
13th Mar 2009, 18:19
People may like to read this old thread, I think it is relevant.

http://www.pprune.org/d-g-general-aviation-questions/350006-mods-permission.html

Times must be tough bizzy, to now get the poor PPL/CPL hour builder to pay for fuel to transport your aircraft where you want it, when you want it.

Cheers
Mr B.

PyroTek
14th Mar 2009, 01:02
sweet! Ill do it! Got any preference on where i do my endorsement? Since, of course, im only paying fuel, i take it you pay for the endo!

The Green Goblin
14th Mar 2009, 01:26
Personally I think the idea is a noble one If you did not have to pay for fuel.

Plenty of this used to go on back in the day with 210's to get the magic 20 hours in the log before heading north. Some companies further south even used to charge for a pilot to pay for ICUS while the aircraft was engaged in charter operations. (a well known JT mob used to do this)

Points are noted that a company with a good rep will ICUS the pilot until they are let loose, and that is how it should be. Unfortunately some of the smaller companies around the traps can't afford this luxury all the time, so If someone is on the spot ready to go they will get preference for a slot.

There are plenty of Barons up and around the northern parts so 15 hours would come in handy, but not only that it would be a good experience if you have never flown out of your home state.

In an ideal world this would be a paid gig for a CPL with travel/lodging covered but it's not always an ideal world. Take it for what it is - agree or disagree, make it work for you or don't.

Safe flying!

Mecarsa Bitrusty
14th Mar 2009, 03:12
I think these couple of posts from the last thread sum up the situation at hand!

I offer this time to pilots on here for FREE!!!!!!!!!
No fuel costs,
No Aircraft costs.
No ICUS costs.
FREE HOURS IN A BARON

I'd be happy to do your flight for you just send me a business class ticket to get to wherever the plane is, and pay me the daily rate for a ME CIR rated pilot, and you've got a deal.

Wildduke
14th Mar 2009, 03:35
This thread has given me a great idea! :ok:

The next time i have to go in for an operation. I will tell my doctor that I will let him/her operate on me, for the experience, provided he/she is willing to pay for all the theatre fees, insurance fees, surgical staff salaries and equipment costs. I'm sure they'd be willing to do that, and if he/she doesn't, i'm sure i'll find over a thousand of other doctors that would be screaming at that opportunity!!! :sad:

I guess the scary thing is that I probably would find some budding doctor that actually would agree to that! We are our own worst enemy!

bizzybody
14th Mar 2009, 04:25
for all those who messaged me thanks, they all no the situation behind it.

maybe people should try and find out the actual situation before shooting from the hip.

Beeroclock
15th Mar 2009, 04:07
If you have found some sucker to do this why dont you continue on with this great deal for every job the aircraft gets?? All you have to do then is pay for maintenance but since it is such a sweet deal maybe you could get them to foot the bill for that as well...