PDA

View Full Version : Qualification in UK

jugaadoo
12th Mar 2009, 04:49
hi guys,

i have done AME in INDIA and working in a domestic airline.It is a full time 3 years course and training school is approved by ICAO.

Can you tell me what is the qualification of AME in UK.

Is it HND ,Bsc or BEng or anything else?? How can i get to know that??? Please help...

spannersatKL
12th Mar 2009, 06:26
Try an EASA Part 66 Licence with appropriate type ratings....see caa.co.uk for details....

Didnt know ICAO did aviation training approval??

Miles Gustaph
13th Mar 2009, 13:14
While I would never put anyone down who is trying to better themselves, I think if you want to transfer your qualifications to the UK your probably going to have a lot of work too do!

SpannersatKL is right in what he says, if you want a licensed job in the UK you need a Part-66 from one of the EASA member states. To apply for the exams you would need to be over 21 & be able to demonstrate four and a half years experience on aircraft appropriate to the category that you are applying for.

If you don't have the experience you could go for a suitably approved, either Part-147 or CAA apprenticeship course which if you were successful results in a susspended license, suspended until you have the time-on-spanners necessary to get a full license.

I would suggest that you may find it hard to get a job in the UK without a license, and it may be difficult to get an un-licensed position coming from a country outside of Europe.

Good luck in your efforts

shuchim
14th Mar 2009, 10:45
hey buddy have u got all your BAMELS or not? if not, clear them first. from oct 2009 onwards dgca going to start module system same as easa

TinyTim2
17th Mar 2009, 06:22
According the CAA website and the ELGD ( Engineer Licensing Guidance Document ) they will NOT Give credit or exemptions from the basic License . So think carefully before you start , there will be a lot of work and there is a time limit on each module passed...........