PDA

View Full Version : Does It Make A Difference?

Shiny_Pants
11th Mar 2009, 13:38
As per my previous post i am currently looking for a flying school where i can work towards gaining my PPL. Ultimately i would like to gain my ATPL, however,i have decided to go down the modular route for a variety of reasons including work and financial commitments.

My question is, does it make a difference which flying school i gain my PPL from? I've heard all of the promotional materical from the big ATPL FTOs about how training at their establishments can increase your chances of employment (whether this is true or not is another thing) but i'm interested to know whether or not this is true for the PPL.

G SXTY
11th Mar 2009, 13:46
Short answer, no. But bear in mind that your PPL instructor will lay the foundations of all your future flying, so good instruction at this early stage is very important. Do not be afraid to change instructor or even school if you are in any way unhappy.

INNflight
11th Mar 2009, 14:02
I've heard all of the promotional materical from the big ATPL FTOs about how training at their establishments can increase your chances of employment

Don't worry, it's just that....promo talk!

The best thing is trying to find an instructor that you get along well with. If you enjoy flying with him, all the learning will be a whole lot easier.

Shiny_Pants
11th Mar 2009, 14:17
I've been doing a bit of research about a few flying schools in the London area and narrowed it down to three of four. I'll be travelling down to London tomorrow so hope to visit as many as possible tomorrow afternoon. I've heard the same instructor named on a few occasions at one school so that'll definately be worth a look.