PDA

View Full Version : RN Flight Aptitude Test

TurningFinals
11th Mar 2009, 11:34
I'm off to RAF Cranwell in April to do my Flight Aptitude test for Joining the Royal Navy as an AC.

Can anyone recommend any books or anything o help me revise for these tests? There are books on Amazon etc but they say they are designed for the American Military. Does anyone know if these are any good for British flight aptitude tests?

Thanks a lot,

TurningFinals.

airborne_artist
11th Mar 2009, 11:56
The tests are looking for numeracy and co-ordination. Speed/time/distance calcs - eg how far will an aircraft travelling at 150 kts go in 11 mins? (150 = 2.5 nm/min), and on from there. Get on the Xbox/PS for the hand/eye/brain co-ordination.

doubledolphins
12th Mar 2009, 14:30
Dont forget these are aptitude tests, not knowledge tests. The Idea being you either have it and can be a pilot or you don't and can be an observer. If you have no aptitude what so ever but are still keen to put on a dark blue suit don't forget "Boats", that's submarines to you light blue types.:ok:

doubledolphins
12th Mar 2009, 15:14
So you can't see her. Besides, she's only sunk if she dosn't come up again.

6Z3
12th Mar 2009, 21:47
Flt Lt Mac

I think you'll find the last word of you post is wrongly spelt. When referring to that branch of the RN I can confirm that the word has a 't' in it.

eastern wiseguy
15th Mar 2009, 18:38
French Navy submarine to have been able to see her

P'raps they did!!:E

Widger
15th Mar 2009, 19:33
Just remember..there are more aircraft in the sea than submarines in the air!