View Full Version : Currency at london city

pilot dude
11th Mar 2009, 09:40
I did my simulator training at flightsafety about 1 year ago and wondered. what are tre currency requirements for london city? can i still go?

Most importantly where does it say the requirements?

PD

Empty Cruise
11th Mar 2009, 10:21
UK AIP, perchance?

His dudeness
11th Mar 2009, 13:52
Once current you stay current on that type.

Scroll Lock
11th Mar 2009, 21:18
Wrong !

You need to do sim training once per 13 months to remain current into LCY.
1 landing
1 Go Around
1 V1 cut.

His dudeness
11th Mar 2009, 22:49
That changed then. Sorry.

Rotorstator
11th Mar 2009, 22:51
It doesn't have to be on the Sim. I've always done the training on the aircraft and you can visit Gloucester, Coventry (although this may not be the case now) and I believe Dundee for the steep approach training. They can reset the papis.

The aircraft has to be approved (steep approach supplement), the operator and also the pilot.

You can find this info I believe on te LCY website.

Rgds

RR

kenhughes
12th Mar 2009, 02:45
I think there's more info for pilots on the London City Airport Consultative Committee web site (London City Airport Consultative Committee - Home Page (http://www.lcacc.org)), including this PDF file outlining conditions of use: http://www.lcacc.org/fees/conditions04.pdf

Der absolute Hammer
12th Mar 2009, 07:47
Ask Chief Pilot, DK, Scot Airways?
Used to be every 13 months in same type that was approved for steep approaches.

Miles Magister
12th Mar 2009, 08:47
Dude,

You can get the requirements from the airfield director's office, they are not published.

I have not requested them recently but my last copy stated that the operator had to send them a letter stating which captains had been trained. Note also that co-pilots should have steep approach awareness training and single pilot ops are not allowed.

There is no legal currency, it is up to your company. The posts above are helpful but one should be aware that what is in one particular company's ops manual is company policy and not necessarily regulation, this is a common misconception by many line pilots across the board.

The posts above are sensible and a 12 month currency is reasonable. I think Cambridge will also set their PAPIs at 5.5 for you but you can also practice without PAPIs.

If you wish to discuss further on the telephone them please PM me.

MM

airmen
14th Mar 2009, 08:53
LCY Jet center ask for these docs:

Certification requirements for LCY

Your AFM must contain procedure and limitations for approach path of 5.5° or greater

These procedures must be approved by the licensing authority of the country in which the aircraft is registered

Proof of steep approach training for operating crew

Some suggestions of airfields that have facilities for steep approach training

EGBE, EGBJ, LSGS, LFBV, LFLB, LOWI

It is your responsability to confirm the approach is 5.5° or steeper before training at any airfield

Stepped approach as LSZA is not considered acceptable

Flight simulator

Steep aproach training in a simulator is acceptable to LCY using a regulatory approved simulator

Flight Safety Paris is JAA approved

FS Paris Le Bourget Citations serie, Falcon serie
FS Wichita Citations serie
FS San Antonio Citation, Falcon
FS Atlanta Raytheon

Contact Gary Hodgetts, director operations policy and planning LCY
IDD: +44 (0) 20 7646 0006
FAX: +44 (0) 20 7646 0450
Email: [email protected]