PDA

View Full Version : The Gottfried Heinrich Case.

Der absolute Hammer
10th Mar 2009, 15:01
This case shows up the absurd state of affairs oof security which prohibits the bringing of certain things on to an aircraft but does not tell us what those things may be-for security reasons.
It has a certain satisfaction in the reading of it. Perhaps all passengers. like me, with fishing rods, should carry a copy of the transcript form now on?

Tennis player's victory over secret list of banned aircraft hand luggage -Times Online (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/travel/news/article5880811.ece)

Siguarda al fine
10th Mar 2009, 16:30
I think J.K. Rowlings was consulted on security matters at our airports and asked to think up the most fantastic things that can be done with mundane items some might want to carry on board. J.K. Rawlings must have come up with the idea that a raquet could be used as a deadly weapon, so why was she not consulted on what could be done with the telscoping handles on our wheelie carry onīs or for that matter our stilleto heels. Would a Karate master be totaly banned from flying as he would surely be classed as a terroist threat.
Pity Enid Blyton is not still with us as Im sure she would have given J.K. a run for her money.
Im off to La La land for a while see uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Der absolute Hammer
10th Mar 2009, 16:39
God knows what security would do if you tell them you are a member of..
The Secret Seven?

UniFoxOs
10th Mar 2009, 16:50
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If the list is to be of any use, then it must be issued to thousands of security numpties across the EEC. It can hardly then be called secret - it would somehow leak out, surely. If it is not issued widely, then the sn's can't use it and it is pointless.

UFO