PDA

View Full Version : Poles say Scots are Cross Dressers!!

The Guvnor
13th Sep 2000, 18:45
As a Scot - with a kilt - I can definitely say that I'm not a transvestite!! :) :) :)

Kilted Scots 'are cross-dressers'

POLISH schoolchildren have been issued with a new sex education guide
which uses a kilted Scot to depict cross-dressers.

In a book used by teachers for social and sex education, a picture of a kilted
man illustrates an article about transvestites and cross-dressers. The article
explains that some men want to wear women's clothes, or change their sex.

When the publishers were told that the illustration might cause offence to
Scots, the firm approached the British Embassy in Warsaw. The embassy
consulted its Scottish members of staff, including the ambassador, John
Macgregor, and concluded that Scots would find it amusing rather than
insulting.

Yesterday, however, an embassy official said the publishers should have been
more tactful. Matthew Day, Warsaw

------------------
:) Happiness is a warm L1011 :)

fudpucker
13th Sep 2000, 19:31
Actually , that referred to cross dressers as in ,"bludy hell , it's monday morning an ma heed hurts ,Jimmy! Ah dinna wanna geddup"
With all these new postings , Guv ,you must be as bored as me!

HugMonster
13th Sep 2000, 20:33
They think the SCOTS are x-dressers? Have they taken a look at Greek national costume? Those little short skirts, the shoes with pompoms on...? And you know what they say about doing it Greek style...

STP
14th Sep 2000, 00:26
Well, any bloke in a skirt raises my suspicions immediately!

Tartan Gannet
18th Sep 2000, 01:49
as a Scot I resent this, especially from the Poles! I dont suppose they remember the HLI or the Argylls or other brave Scots Regiments!

There must have been a better way to explain Cross Dressing, Gender Disphoria and other such conditions than to insult the national dress and customs of a great nation.

redsnail
18th Sep 2000, 11:03
I guess if the Scot was wearing his girlfriends' lacey g-string then he could be construed as a cross dresser - or drunk again!
I have looked under a couple of kilts and I haven't seen any thing frilly there! :)

------------------
reddo
A Feral Animal.

HugMonster
18th Sep 2000, 11:19
Tartan Gannet, actually the HLI didn't wear the kilt - they wore trews. It was one of the reasons why David Niven, on passing out of Sandhurst, listed his preferred regiments as:-
1) Black Watch
2) Argyll & Sutherlands
3) Anything but the HLI
Of course, he went to the HLI, and some humourist saw to it that a copy of his preferences followed him there!

Tartan Gannet
18th Sep 2000, 14:03
Hug Monster, thanks for the correction, though I think David Niven did say in his book "The Moon's a Baloon" that latterly the HLI wore kilts too, my uncle was in the Argylls and they certainly wore kilts.

I have never seen anything frilly under a man's kilt when I lived in Scotland and knew many kilted men in the likes of Pipe Bands, competators in Highland Games etc, though shades of David Beckham sharing his thongs with Victoria Posh Spice Im sure it may happen these days. My uncle told me that in the Army the "True Scot" was the rule and the men had to walk over a mirror in the guard room, and if wearing anything at all were on a charge of being improperly dressed. All the boys and men I knew who wore the kilt wore navy blue or bottle green cotton knickers (briefs) under their kilts. These are the same type women and girls wear for hockey and netball but are hardly the frilly, girly type of underwear that a Transvestite would wear for thrills, indeed the women called them "passion killers".

I hope this doesn't spoil peoples jokes about Scotsmen and the Kilt but as Jock myself I do get a bit fed up with this cliche as no doubt the Irish get about Thick Paddy Jokes, and the Jews about jokes concerning being tight with money.

pigboat
18th Sep 2000, 18:53
Reddo, http://www.newfie.com/new/upkilt81.ipg
:)

Tartan Gannet
18th Sep 2000, 21:44
yes Pigboat a picture of a True Scot, sorry all you *******ski's from Warsaw, that's what a Scotsman has under his kilt!

The Guvnor
19th Sep 2000, 21:27
Tartan Gannet - my sister became Jewish when she got married. It's now completely impossible to get money out of her! :) :) :)

------------------

Freenum
20th Sep 2000, 23:51
Thanks for reminding us all that you're a rabid racist

UnwellRaptor
21st Sep 2000, 00:21
Reddo:

When you look under a kilt, you can discover his clan at the same time. If you find a quarter-pounder, he's a McDonald.

The Guvnor
21st Sep 2000, 01:02
Unwell Raptor - what happens if you find a Whopper?? :) :) :)

Freeboot/Freenum - keep taking the medication.

------------------

dingducky
21st Sep 2000, 07:18
just watch out for those quarter pounders with cheese http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

------------------
Being an airline pilot would be great if you didn't have to go on all those trips.

Flypuppy
21st Sep 2000, 17:24
Cross Dresser? Damned right I'm cross http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif
http://www.realmckenzies.com/upyers.gif

HugMonster
21st Sep 2000, 23:29
I'm about as sure as it's possible to be that the picture above is not what InFinRetirement saw at the Ash Bash!
(Dunno about Reddo when investigating 10W, though...)