PDA

View Full Version : apprentice 4 ame in iandia

roger belna
9th Mar 2009, 12:17
hi!
can any 1 tell me hz 2 gt an apprentice 4 ame in andia. i've completed 21/2 yrs of basic training n have passed 2 papers. i'll b appearing 4 3rd paper in june. currently im undergoing ojt bt am nt satisfied.
i want a sponsor 4 apprentice or as an trainee technician 2 a reputed airline or an AMO.
need help....................
THanX:)

shuchim
12th Mar 2009, 01:31
same running thread going on in this form u may post your question there what need to start a new thread ?

Miles Gustaph
13th Mar 2009, 13:23
Shuchim's right why don't you read the other threads on the same topic...

And how do you expect to get a job as a "trainee technician 2 a reputed airline or an AMO." with mobile phone text English language skills?

It's hardly ICAO standard is it?

IFixPlanes
13th Mar 2009, 19:10
And how do you expect to get a job as a "trainee technician 2 a reputed airline or an AMO." with mobile phone text English language skills? :D:ok::D:ok:

shuchim
14th Mar 2009, 10:23
yes buddy pls spell atleast india correctly its your country

roger belna
15th Mar 2009, 06:33
:ouch:sorry for the written mis-spells
i thought people are more familiar with sms languages this days as the technology advances and are trying to save time.........i did not know that in aviaton it is forbidden and enginners got selected according to the standards of the english
where as in others- day to day life, i find people using it mostly.

once again sorry for the inconvenience.
i'll try to improve my english standards here-on.:ok:

Blacksheep
15th Mar 2009, 23:19
The problem with text-speak or sms language is that it is imprecise. Engineering is an occupation where precision is essential and clarity is needed in written communications. Remember Fred the Wheeltapper, who said to his assistant

"When I nods me head, hit it!" :)

Miles Gustaph
16th Mar 2009, 04:29
Roger,
As an engineer your ability to communicate in English is very important.

I appreciate that English may not be your first language, but as a licensed engineer you may be expected to fill out a component warranty claim form, log cards or OEM incident report, and for the most part these will need to be written in English.

I am always impressed by anyone who makes the effort to better themselves and I think your wish to work for a good organisation is very admirable, indeed even in the face of a global economic down-turn there is still a global shortage of good licensed engineers.

This global shortage is only going to get worse in the coming years, presenting opportunities for engineers like you to benefit from. But don’t forget, that aircraft engineering is as much about the quality of your written communication skills as it is your ability to use a spanner or screwdriver.

Good luck

HAWK21M
29th Mar 2009, 08:00
Roger....Firstly Your requirement is for "AME trainee" Not "AME".These are two very distinct qualifications.The former is a Diploma/certificate course trainee,The latter a DGCA qualified type endorsed licence holder.

Current state of Airlines is in bad shapes financially except for Cargo airlines out here who are in profits.

Ideal would be to attempt to clear your BAMEL in HA/JE & then you stand a better chance as getting emplouyed as an Aircraft Technician out here.

Its a long road......Determination always succeeds.

Ignore the harsh comments by some as everyone is brave behind a computer screen.But there are quite a few helpful Mx personell here too.

try writing to the HR Manager of local airlines with your resume.

regds
MEL

abelsinglei
2nd Apr 2009, 05:28
:ok:cheers to HAWK21M.:ok:
we really need people like you.
others are all bull****. insteed of incouraging n giving guidance jst keep on blahh...............blah................. as if they have mastered in english honours.
keep up:ok:
and you Roger first concetrate in your studies. dont worry about the job
try 2 clear papers as much as you can- BAMEL.
if you keep on working hard..........you will 4 sure become AME.

i belive no 1 above is an AME............hardly 1.....that toooo with an exception.............and teaching all sorts of english.

Miles Gustaph
2nd Apr 2009, 09:50
Abel Singlei:
Well thank you for your snotty comments, I am a licensed Engineer, indeed I took the time on the 7th March to research your question on the thread:

“is ame license issued by dgca, india recognised in middle east countries”

In fact I was the only member of pprune that took the time to reply to you, and I made the comment that I made above about English language standards and your reply was:

“thanx 4 your suggestion.”

And am I in a position to make a comment? I currently have four CV’s on my desk, two from chaps like you in India who want jobs in the international jobs market.

CV number 1: written in text speak, now is he going to get a job when he hasn’t even made the effort to write a legible CV?
Why do I ask, well can he write his work up?
Will the technical records people be able to understand what he has written?
Will the Australian chap who is our independent auditor pick up text speak as an audit failing?
Will he be able to write out an accident form, personal injury report etc?

CV number 2: well written by a chap from India, spell checked and very easy to read. As a bonus the CV came with a handwritten covering letter and he has lovely handwriting.

Guess who were offering a position, a well paid position with a large international company offering all accommodation and flights?

Mel: I’m sorry if this all seems too harsh, there are some great guys working in Aviation in India but there are a small few that make you think, if they can’t be bothered to write properly what is the standard of their work like, and we are talking about aircraft safety where as recently demonstrated by 2009’s unfortunate accident record, people can die.

Abel I would suggest that you take care with accusations of “bull****” towards other people, I am really annoyed with myself for having taken the time to research the information that you asked for on your thread just to be abused by you on pprune.

HAWK21M
12th Apr 2009, 04:37
Miles....You are absolutely correct on the need of having command on the language & the use of technical terms while clearing a PDR.
This field does need the clarity of explaining the work done with references to the manuals utilized.
My point is towards those that don't assist in guiding a youngster but rather cut short his question that the poor bloke looses confidence in asking the next one.

You & I have years in Aviation Maintenance & experience has given us a level of confidence that the fresher would lack,hence the clarity of language is lacking in some posts.

regds
MEL

Miles Gustaph
13th Apr 2009, 04:35
Mel,

You are right I can only agree with your point!

I think however there is a responsibility for us to, ok perhaps I’m being a bit harsh, but for us to be a little realistic or honest with some of the guys.

I know there are some great engineers-to-be out there but I also get the impression that some of the guys just don’t know what’s involved with becoming and engineers, or that they think it a case of “just” doing some exams.

The sad fact is that for some of these guys becoming and Aircraft Engineer is perhaps the only opportunity for them to get out into the world and make a good living for themselves. But when they get out there they are faced with limitations because of where they are from or because of the standard of their training and are expected to effectively start again.

It’s desperately hard and I feel terribly sorry for them and there are times when you read some of the threads hear that you think “are you resilient enough and do you have the ability to do this?”

We have some great India engineers here but boy have they had to work far harder than anyone else to get here, it amazes me where they get their drive and endless ambition from.

HAWK21M
15th Apr 2009, 15:50
True miles....I've spoken to very experienced Engineers on some forums.....majority very helpfull with no ego in explaining facts & going all out to assist a collegue,but a few minority very good engineers but with a very selfish attitude who do not help a collegue but rather give standard two-three words or a sentence of disapproval or ridicule.

The former are people we need in our fraternity.With time spend one knows who the good ones are.

On the topic of command over the language,it is very important else the candidate will struggle as one goes ahead in this field.

regds
MEL