View Full Version : Rewarding Bad Behaviour

arse
9th Mar 2009, 00:26
From THE STANDARD, on Monday 9th March (Letter to the Editor)

Cathay Pacific does not need selfish childish adult passengers. I find it disappointing that Cathay has upgraded to buisness class the lady who turned up well after the scheduled boarding time (of which being a frequent flier she must have been fully aware) and then threw a tantrum which would have done a two year old proud.
This is a reward for bad behaviour and makes a mockery of Cathay's boarding time policy. She missed the flight through her own foolish fault and I am sure every passenger on board was happy Cathay offloaded her luggage rather than inconvenience them with a delayed departure.
I feel sorry that the staff member who filmed this womans disgusting behaviour was disciplined. It gave us all a good laugh and so it should. Cathay, you got it wrong, you should have rewarded all ground staff involved in the incident for the calm way they handled the situation and thanked them for the free advertising the airline has received as a result of the YouTube video. You should have asked for an apology from this brazen women when she visisted your offices, not given one, and should have told her to find another airline to fly with. Well done ground staff, I and others publicly applaud you even if your own management has failed to do so.

EXCELLENT!

Old Fella
9th Mar 2009, 01:13
Seems to me that Cathay got some very cheap advertising of the fact that "We depart on time no matter what, so don't be late getting to the check-in counter". An upgrade to business class costs nothing. Just wrong though to discipline a check-in supervisor, or whom ever did the video, for just doing their job complete with video evidence.

Cider30
9th Mar 2009, 02:49
I think we awarded her an upgrade because "we" filmed her tantrum and it ended on you-tube. We didn't award her an upgrade for her "performance"

My 2 cents

Frogman1484
9th Mar 2009, 05:37
over 4 mil people watched the You Tube video, you cannot buy advertising like this...all free:ok:

raven11
9th Mar 2009, 10:14
Hmmm....

The topic is childish behavior...... and Kitsune posts a fine example of his own!

Thanks Kitsune, you crack me up.

Guava Tree
10th Mar 2009, 08:03
Old Fella in post#2 says:
"Seems to me that Cathay got some very cheap advertising of the fact that "We depart on time no matter what, so don't be late getting to the check-in counter".

I would ask: Did this flight actually depart on time?,or was it a case of ground staff doing it by the numbers?

raven11
10th Mar 2009, 13:49
Oh Kitsune, I give up. What was I thinking in even trying to respond to your smear post? I'm just not worthy!

In fact, your last post was so mature and thoughtfully written...I am particularly impressed by the big words..are they German?

I'm assuming we're both members of the same AOA, the same team. But alas, it appears you only like to debate yourself, and occasionally throw mud at others.

Oh, I'm sorry Kitsune...am I being coy again?

N1 Vibes
11th Mar 2009, 23:54
CX Reality - Tantrum by 'important' pax = Upgrade
CX Perceived - Loss of 'Face' through idle gossip/youtube = Less pax

Need we say anymore - Welcome to Hong Kong......welcome to Asia

Regards,

N1 Vibes

(Face culture - the silent killer)

(Korean 747 Crash Stansted - 12/99)

(Officials questioned whether mechanical error was to blame, or whether the problem was the Korean Air pilots, who have been long accused of cutting corners while ruling their cockpits in the authoritarian style typical of that of the Korean Air Force, in which most of them have served.)