PDA

View Full Version : 3 Individual 1 week study CATS vs 2 x 2 week Bristol GS (Distance learning)

Fastair345
9th Mar 2009, 00:24
Is it best to go for 3 seperate weeks or 2 x 2 week studying such as B.GS if still in full time work?

The reason I ask is friends who have done the BGS course have been very positive about the course but did explain it was quite pressurised in terms of the 2 weeks then to sit several of the difficult exams together ...ie Met and GNAV etc.

Not under any illusion that these subjects need a lot of work but it's a question of phazing?

F

9th Mar 2009, 10:55
It is very much a personal choice, I heard very positive things about BGS but 3 1 week GS' fit better for me so have gone with CATS. Only signed up last week and popped in their on weekend while I was at Cranfield and found them to be very supportive and friendly. You could always get best of both worlds by doing CATS but getting hold of BGS old folders.

Cheers
Matt

flyboy1818
9th Mar 2009, 15:37
I went for CATS because the X3 one week groundschool program is more flexible than the BGS X2 2 week groundschool if you are working, they are also more flexible about how and when you take your exams than BGS which can be refreshing when you want to delay the odd exam but not the rest

Obs cop
10th Mar 2009, 20:01
Although I went with Atlantic Flight Training at Coventry for ground school, they also use 3 modules each with 1 week brush up before the exams.

Advantages for me were the need not to book 3 weeks solidly off work for a brush up and exam sitting (3 x 2 week slots much easier for bosses to accomodate/handle) and not needing to swot up on 7 subjects for each sitting.

Each to their own, but as an aside I found Atlantic to be very friendly, very flexibel and the organisation of their modules make common sense with hindsight.

First time passes on all subjects whilst still working full time for me so can't have done me any harm.

Obs

hst145
10th Mar 2009, 21:04
CATS flexibility and genuine interest and willingness to help is doing it for me

I originally was recommended by a friend on the course and then swayed by the £999 online course price its just brilliant value

There is just no need to pay more unless you perhaps need in-house one on one tuition maybe