PDA

View Full Version : FAA ATP (restricted)

Was that for us?
11th Sep 2000, 09:50
Any one know what the endorsement Restricted means on an FAA ATP? I was told that a job seeker had such on his licence.

TowerDog
11th Sep 2000, 21:10
Have seen the word restricted on FAA tickets issued in Saudia Arabia. Supposedly only for use while flying for Saudia.
Belive that was a few years ago, and presently no restrictions on those tickets.

Can not swear to the above as my memory is still good, just getting shorter..(?)

------------------
Men, this is no drill...

aviator
11th Sep 2000, 21:13
I believe that is when you have met all the requirements and passed the ATP check ride except you have not reached your 23rd birthday.

It has been a while for me......

------------------
I have a need for speed!

FlyingCrew
12th Sep 2000, 03:58
I understand it is issued on a one to one basis based on your original license and it means not for hire or reward until you get check out with an FAA examiner on a US regd. aircraft in the USA.

I may be wrong hope this help.

Constable Clipcock
13th Sep 2000, 02:18
Negative, aviator. In the unlikely event an under-23 pilot meets the flight time requirements for the FAA ATP Certificate, he may then be allowed to take the knowledge and practical examinations. If he passes, he is issued a letter so stating from the FAA, which he can then present to the Feds in return for an ATP certificate once he reaches his 23rd birthday — not before.

------------------
Anybody out after 2 AM is either a turd, a cop or a pilot. Or any combination of the three!

RRAAMJET
13th Sep 2000, 08:00
Flying Crew is correct.
If you take your CAA licence to an FAA office they will issue you a restricted ( not for hire or reward ) equivalent. You have to do a full FAA check and oral to remove the restriction.

MileHi
17th Sep 2000, 02:39
Yep, RESRICTED means that it is a validation of another license and you can fly for reward with this RESTRICTED license on a N-reg aircraft, as long as it is outside the USA and your validating license is current.

[This message has been edited by MileHi (edited 16 September 2000).]

boatdrink
21st Sep 2000, 07:08
http://www.faa.gov/avr/AFS/FARS/far-61.txt

I think it's 61.75

cheers