PDA

View Full Version : Why do companies not like their employees to read/use Pprune?

Murray_NN
9th Sep 2000, 20:00
Yea why?

A Very Civil Pilot
14th Sep 2000, 21:48
I tried to reply to this a few days ago, bit couldn't open the page. Something devious by the boss perhaps?

Reading pprune is a bit like w***ing. Almost everyone does it, but no one admits to it.

TPuk
15th Sep 2000, 00:46
I find it all quite amusing actually.

I recently flew on an internal flight on a BA 732. The flight crew were really friendly - they let me have the jump seat for the whole flight, including t/o and landing.

However, when I asked if either of them read PPRuNe, the Captain started looking out of his side window and commented on another aircraft he could see several thousands of feet below, and the first officer just said, "Oh, I think I've heard of that somewhere - I'm not really into computers", before "remembering" some paper work.

But still, a great flight!

TPuk

beaver eager
15th Sep 2000, 15:42
At my company the Managing Director reads prune all the time. It was him that got me into it although he's probably regretting it now!

Far from hiding their interest, whenever there's a thread that's about us you will always find someone around the crew room with a print-out of it.

Remember that to those who haven't discovered computers yet there is nothing more boring and us pruners are a bunch of nerds.

What they don't know is that resistance is futile and they will all be assimilated in the end!

------------------
Keep it up!