PDA

View Full Version : Gordon Brown's utter disdain for the Armed Forces

Shadwell the old
8th Mar 2009, 10:07
Did anyone else see the performance by Gordon Brown on Sky news at about 0930 this morning.

He was being interviewed to give his reaction to the tragic murder of the 2 soldiers in Ireland last night. He said the usual "sincere" how sad and our thoughts are with the families. At the end of the piece the camera was obviously not switched off quickly enough for him. He was heard to say "yes that was better", smiled and started to walk off. Later repeats of the piece cut off earler.

I am afraid this makes my blood boil, as it shows that he is only interested in saying the right thing for public consumption - I am sure I really would not want to know his true feelings. The sooner we get rid of this clown the better. What is he "good" at, and again what are his true feelings towards the armed forces? The man is a disaster for the armed forces and the country at large.

Finally may the 2 guys rest in peace - and I AM sincere.

Shadwell

DB6
8th Mar 2009, 10:17
He's a politician - seriously, what do you expect?

cazatou
8th Mar 2009, 11:03
DB 6

Mrs T personally wrote to the Next of Kin of ALL British personnel killed during the Falklands campaign.

I mean wrote - not a standard letter with a different name inserted.

glad rag
8th Mar 2009, 11:42
You also have to ask WHY Sky is not showing him in his true colours.......:rolleyes:

VinRouge
8th Mar 2009, 11:45
Dont worry; the one-eyed **** will be displaced by his party in the run up to the next election.

Not a big fan of the daily hate, but today's edition has a good article bringing into question the mental state of our illustrious money-printer. :hmm:

wiggy
8th Mar 2009, 11:55
I guess you mean this:

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160311/Apologise-recession-Browns-credit-crunch-tantrum-30-000ft.html (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160311/Apologise-recession-Browns-credit-crunch-tantrum-30-000ft.html)

:eek:

BEagle
8th Mar 2009, 12:03
One http: too many, wiggy!

Apologise for the recession? Brown's credit crunch tantrum at 30,000ft | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1160311/Apologise-recession-Browns-credit-crunch-tantrum-30-000ft.html)

A tale I heard recently:

US interviewer: "So, whaddya think about us havin' a black president?"

Brit interviewee: "You should count yourselves lucky!"

US interviewer: "Whaddya mean?"

Brit interviewee: "Well, you have an elected black president - whereas we have an unelected brown prime minister!"

Avitor
8th Mar 2009, 12:19
He has just stated that...... "We will not allow terrorists to kill our people and to derail the peace process"

Sorry Gordon, you just have. You began the process when your government released all IRA killers on to the streets.

Utrinque Apparatus
8th Mar 2009, 12:21
He is clearly incompetent, insincere and for all his bluster about his "moral compass" and "prudence", he is the biggest liar of them all with only his power crazed ego to comfort him.

enginesuck
8th Mar 2009, 12:33
Dont believe a word the man says, Ive just finished reading Alistair Campbells diaries from when he worked for Blair, everything a Prime minister says in public is written for them for maximum positive publicity.

Strobin Purple
8th Mar 2009, 13:04
Mac.....

Don't read it then.

Seriously, why are there people who, even in the virtual world, want to moderate other people's innocent pleasures such as railing against this incompetent govt. You should rejoice in the free speech enabled by this technology that allows disgruntled citizenry the oppportunity to slag off the PM and his cronies, at every moment. Regardless of whether it is in the correct category. I bet you've got a clipbpoard and work for the council.

cazatou
8th Mar 2009, 13:09
Flt Lt Mac

Given that the Person being referred to is the Person who decides where HM's Armed Forces are deployed and what equipment can be provided for them - I would put it to you that his attitude towards the Armed Forces is a matter of legitimate concern to all serving Personnel and their Families.

Aeronut
8th Mar 2009, 14:25
Letting off steam on Pprune may help but if you really care about your government the best thing you can do today, if you haven't already, is register to vote;

Member of the Armed Forces (or husband, wife, civil partner) - About my vote, produced by The Electoral Commission (http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/register_to_vote/armed_forces.aspx)

cazatou
8th Mar 2009, 15:58
Aeronut

Sound advice - however, although I am taxed in UK by HMG, I do not have the right to vote in UK because I am resident in France. My Wife, having been in Education, has the same problem as HMG reserve the right to tax "Government Pensions" in UK no matter where in the world you are resident.

Taxation without representation - didn't we lose some Colonies over that?

Frelon
8th Mar 2009, 16:54
Cazatou

I am sure that you are able to register to vote in the UK, despite living in France.

Have a look here (http://www.aboutmyvote.co.uk/register_to_vote/british_citizens_living_abroad.aspx).

davejb
8th Mar 2009, 17:37
You don't want to go voting for politicians,
it encourages them you know!

Aeronut
8th Mar 2009, 17:57
Catazou, the advice was not specifically aimed at you, but everyone that can vote. It seems you might be able to after all.

Incidentally, having turned your back on the UK to live in France how could you expect to retain a vote here?

Biggus
8th Mar 2009, 18:13
He hasn't turned his back on UK......he is just being a European first and Briton second, as all the EU leaders generally profess to want us to be, and as such is entitled to live anywhere in the EU.

In the same way that I am a (agile, adaptable, deployable) warfighter first, officer second and aircrew a lowly third.....

spheroid
8th Mar 2009, 18:18
If you think that being an Officer comes second then you are in the wrong job

Aeronut
8th Mar 2009, 18:22
European first, Briton second = back fairly and squarely turned on UK

Turncoat !

Biggus
8th Mar 2009, 18:35
spheroid

Curious, does being an officer come higher or lower than second in the list in your opinion......

Whatever my own personal feelings I have been in several presentations/breifings by RAF 4*s where I have specifically been informed that I was a warfighter first.....

It is an expeditionary airforce you know...!!

As for being in the wrong job, I might well be, it wouldn't be the first time!!:O

West Coast
9th Mar 2009, 04:47
warfighter first, officer second and aircrew a lowly third.....

Seems to follow the warrior ethos, I like it. Don't know what got in to spheroid.

BIG MACH
9th Mar 2009, 12:41
When he was Chancellor, Brown was heard to remark that he did not like the military because they tended to vote Conservative. This mindset explains his reluctance to give the military the funding they need.
He is well known for favouring projects which will create government work in marginal seats and clearly feels that paying for 5 million people on benefits is money well spent.
Brown is a despicable politician whom the military should keep at arms length. Any chance of a coup?

The Helpful Stacker
9th Mar 2009, 12:47
It does seem strange that rather than increase manpower in the military (an organisation in which it is quite possible to join with no qualifications yet still reach dizzying heights and gain useful qualifications) New Labour have relentlessly cut-back the Armed Forces, but at the same time have created a shedload of non-jobs in the Public sector and poured millions into education in order to give people worthless degrees with which to plump up their CV's for call centre positions.

:rolleyes:

Blacksheep
9th Mar 2009, 13:34
Gormless Gordon might wish to consider exactly why it is that military chaps tend to vote Conservative. :ugh:

cornish-stormrider
9th Mar 2009, 14:58
Blacksheep, Take your sparkling wit and repartee and kindly put it where it belongs........
And you owe me for a new keyboard too. I do feel the one eyed Jock Nostril Mining Doom Seller has suffered enough so kindly stop picking on him and his cabinet of professionals.

Oh sorry all, the drugs are especially strong today, I think I shall go and......weeble weeble schlup vorrdiggit piiiiiiiiiinnnguuu.

Tilt. Scrub Sortie. off to the mess for tea and medals

clapperboard
9th Mar 2009, 19:55
Gents, good evening from the coldest place on earth. I have sat here now for two hours pondering the literacy that i wish to adorn on these fine pages and my thoughts have borne fruit:
Unelected, disrespectful, arrogant, narrow minded, abusing, sickening, no sense of urgency, (for god sake control that jaw), bring back tony, yes, i know but he wouldn't get elected again anyway, where is the AFPRB 2009, is he aware of the effect this will have on JPA, another shambles by the way, employ real people to interact with people, not some baby huggers who quite honestly you wouldn't let near your own kids, Oh shall i continue.............And another thing, look at the knock on effects of your tax cuts = less revenue, more unemployment = less revenue, pay cuts = less revenue, oh but £400 tax for a 4X4 is ok, and £18 a week child benefit is more than enough to feed a baby ...I THINK NOT MR B....guys vote with your custard pies if you have to, Its OUR BRITAN, we didn't elect him so lets get him out of No10 at the earliest opportunity. Calming down now...breathing.....I think i made myself clear....comments??

ponks
9th Mar 2009, 20:05
Well Said Clapperboard!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Rigger1
9th Mar 2009, 20:06
Hear Hear. :D

mr fish
9th Mar 2009, 20:13
we need SPITTING IMAGE back, can you imagine what they would have to say about this bunch of idiots!!!!
mind you, they could probably frame some new fangled law to gag it:(

lsh
9th Mar 2009, 21:33
"and another fing"!!
Read on, they never announced this effect of "QE" (printing money).

Retirement plans of millions of Britons at risk after Bank of England 'prints money' - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/pensions/4950466/Retirement-plans-of-millions-of-Britons-at-risk-after-Bank-of-England-prints-money.html)

lsh
:uhoh:

Lyneham Lad
9th Mar 2009, 21:47
"and another fing"!!
Read on, they never announced this effect of "QE" (printing money).

Retirement plans of millions of Britons at risk after Bank of England 'prints money' - Telegraph

'Tis know as the "Law of Unintended Consequences" (one of many sad examples of hasty, poorly-researched actions and legislation introduced by this sad excuse of a 'Government').

ShyTorque
9th Mar 2009, 22:50
Print money?

This is only ever done when we have gold reserves stashed away to back it up, to save gold being pared off the coinage by thieves and scoundrels.

Now, it's not as if they have sold our gold, or anything, is it?..... Mr. Brown... Mr. Brown?

sisemen
10th Mar 2009, 00:23
As an expat viewing things from afar, and probably with clarity of distance, I can see UK Ltd heading for the edge of the cliff at an extremely fast rate of knots.

Whilst ranting and raving and writing outraged letters to the newspapers is the traditional British way of protesting until the time to vote comes around I think that this time you really have got a Prime Minister and administration that are leading you all to the brink as never before.

The decade of unworkable ideologies and spin with little substance has brought the UK to its knees. The very real prospect of becoming a serious third world country is staring you in the face. Printing money??? Hasn't Gormless Gordon heard of Zimbabwe, or the Weimar Republic, or latin america? And you all think that writing letters and ranting on here will keep you away from the cliff edge until the general election?

Jeez, there really ought to be a mob storming the barriers of Downing Street calling for an election NOW (and also possibly seeking GG's head on a spike). :{

West Coast
10th Mar 2009, 04:53
Britan

Four out of Five Americans can't identify Britan on a map. Neither can at least one Brit.

Runaway Gun
10th Mar 2009, 05:16
There are only five of them? There seemed like more - perhaps it was the loudness...

clapperboard
10th Mar 2009, 07:17
Oh my god AIDU, I wood av fought U mite knot bee sow pikky a bowt 1 spelin misstake, but then again all you seem to do with your life is post on pprune....sad existance, however thankyou to the nice comments, AIDU take note of a system called 'constructive criticism'. Sad.....very very sad.

Maxibon
10th Mar 2009, 08:52
Currently reading Tony Benn's diary 2001-2007; a fascinating read irrespective of your political bent. To quote:

"After 65 years in the Labour Party I was never a supporter of New Labour, which we were told was a new political party, but I worked hard to secure the defeat of the Conservatives in the elections of 1997, 2001 and 2005 and like many others I have been disappointed and worried by a dangerous cynicism about parliamentary government; a cynicism strengthened by the suspicion that Britain was bein managed and not represented and that voters could never be sure that they were being told the truth."

Unfortunately we've just allowed ourselves to swept along by this moronic government and upon reflection of 12 years of NL, its shocking how we've been continually cutback and manipulated. Especially us that serve. Our 'get on with it' attitude will continue to be abused as long as the COS of the respective services capitulate (I do not include Gen Dannat in that category). We need to rid the country of this filth at the next election but also keep an incredibly wary eye on their successors. History dictates that they are little better but our middle class (for the most part) leanings ally us more towards the C and therefore less inclined to be so critical.

Len Ganley
10th Mar 2009, 09:38
cornish-stormrider:

Jock Nostril Mining Doom Seller

Sorry, but I fail to see what his being Scottish has to do with his inability to run the country.

BEagle
10th Mar 2009, 09:57
Indeed, Len.

DFMBs apart, the 'stereotypical' Scot is often noted for prudence and for being risk-averse.

Not exactly character traits of the Dear Leader of the execrable nuLabor...:*

Bob Viking
10th Mar 2009, 10:16
But he IS still a Jock!
There was not necessarily any inference that it has anything to do with his complete inability to run the country (or even a decent booze session in a brewery). Merely a statement of facts.
Or am I being naive?!
BV:E

cornish-stormrider
10th Mar 2009, 10:37
Len, perhaps the fact that he has engineered policies to hamstring certain parts of the country to allow scottish constituencies jobs for votes to "buy" marginal seats to ensure he was able to step from chief money waster to head muppet what is in charge.....

I have no doubt that all the way through Tone's run Gordy was caling the shots and spitting his teddy out on a regular basis.

nunquamparatus
10th Mar 2009, 11:44
This is the politician who was heard to quote that "a pound spent on defence is a pound wasted". A little hypocritical then when as Prime Minister and (effectively) the First Lord of the Treasury (oh, and the most senior Scottish politician) he is responsible for a large proportion of the defence budget being spent in........Scotland. Hmm, Trident (Faslane) and CVF (Rosyth). But hey, if you want to keep your seat then you need to grease the wheels right?

Mind you he has done such a good job so far. An enormous deficit like this, rising unemployment and an economy up sh*t creek (don't you dare say you were not warned you fat b*stard - 3.5% annual growth my arse) takes a great deal of work to f*ck up.

Oh and you can't wear as uit for toffee - seriously - he would make the best Saville Row suit look like a sack of spuds. And will someone sort out your ties!!!!!!! Slightly tighter maybe...........

cazatou
10th Mar 2009, 13:07
Frelon,

Thanks for the information - odd that I was given different advice by the Registration Officer.

Aeronut

So I am a Turncoat am I?

Well after 31 years 1 month and 20 days of Service - of which 14 years were spent as an Aircraft Captain on 32 Sqn - I felt entitled to spend some of my remaining years where my Wife and I wanted to live. The RAF sent me all over the planet during my Service - was I a turncoat then for complying?

Please inform us - exactly how much Service have you to your name? Oh - and what is your aircrew trade?

Len Ganley
10th Mar 2009, 15:45
Bob V

As a statement of fact, it is correct. Still doesn't make it relevant to his ineptitude though.

cornish-stormrider

has engineered policies to hamstring certain parts of the country to allow scottish constituencies jobs for votes to "buy" marginal seats to ensure he was able to step from chief money waster to head muppet what is in charge.....

If this is the case, he may need to rethink that policy.
Labour seats in Scotland after 2001 election - 56
Labour seats in Scotland after 2005 election - 41
Labour seats in Scotland after next election - probably even less

Doesn't matter what nationality the man is, or if he does have impaired vision - he's still useless in his job. So why bring it up? Would being English, Welsh, Irish or anything else improve his political ability? It does nothing to enhance your argument against him.

ps . sorry for the thread creep.

pps.conservative party member and proud of it.

Grabbers
10th Mar 2009, 16:44
Gents/Ladies

Is there any possibility we could exercise some self-discipline and try and keep threads 'on thread'? Occasionally a diamond of erudite prose graces these pages. I enjoy reading some of the more informed comment and learn the odd thing or two in the process.

However, these are becoming increasingly difficult to find in the sea of FJ people are better than the AT fleet are better than the SH Force are better than the Tac AT fleet are better than the FJ Fleet ad nauseaum...

Come on people, with the exception of AIDU and SRENNAPS we all occasionally have something of value to share with the class. Try and keep it relevant.
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Oh, and before anyone comments on my relevance to this thread I agree to a point, I just felt compelled to vent.

Shack37
10th Mar 2009, 16:59
Artificially Inseminated Dump Unit

You have to agree though this thread has just turned into a Gordon Brown bashing thread with all the usual suspects puffing their self important chests out and not coming up with any alternative answers to the countries problems. We don't want problems people, we want solutions.http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/pukey.gif

What a surprise considering the thread title. :confused:

brit bus driver
10th Mar 2009, 20:56
Did you make that up all by yourself?

No...he asked around for ideas...did you not get the call?

:}

clapperboard
11th Mar 2009, 07:50
Quote: Now if you had said that you had been a Chinook/Merlin/Puma/Herc/Harrier captain/pilot for 14 years we well may have some respect for you.:rolleyes:

Alone In Deserted Urbanism; By virtue of the fact he is a captain on the Royal Flight means he almost certainly was on a front line Sqn as opposed to a paper store using his IGS account to create some meaning in his life. HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!:=:*

cornish-stormrider
11th Mar 2009, 10:50
GORDON BROWN IS MY SHEPHERD, I SHALL NOT WORK.

HE LEADETH ME BESIDE THE STILL FACTORIES.

HE RESTORETH MY FAITH IN THE CONSERVATIVE PARTY.

HE GUIDETH ME IN THE PATH OF UNEMPLOYMENT.

YEA, THOUGH I WAIT FOR MY DOLE,

I OWN THE BANK THAT REFUSES ME.

BROWN HAS ANNOINTED MY INCOME WITH TAXES,

MY EXPENSES RUNNETH OVER MY INCOME,

SURELY, POVERTY AND HARD LIVING WILL FOLLOW ME ALL THE

DAYS OF HIS TERM.

FROM HENCE FORTH WE WILL LIVE ALL THE DAYS

OF OUR LIVES IN A RENTED HOME WITH AN OVERSEAS LANDLORD.

I AM GLAD I AM BRITISH,

I AM GLAD I AM FREE.

BUT I WISH I WERE A DOG

AND BROWN WAS A TREE.

Nuff said I feel.

cornish-stormrider
11th Mar 2009, 10:52
Scuse the typeface and size of the above, I pasted it from an internal email at work and I don't have the botheredness to resize it etc.

Shack37
11th Mar 2009, 12:07
Artificially Inseminated Dump Unit.http://www.pprune.org/%5Bimg%5Dhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif%5B/img%5Dhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif http://www.pprune.org/%5Bimg%5Dhttp://bestsmileys.com/lol/5.gif%5B/img%5DHey that's really funny:D. Did you make that up all by yourself?

Yep, didn't ask the audience, didn't phone a friend or go 50/50, good innit? Glad you enjoyed it.

Why shouldn't Brown take a pasting here after the mess he got the country into?. And it's true, the plonker has absolutely no respect for our Armed Forces. Solutions, he's got them all. The constant mantra "It started in the US" doesn't wash any more. Brown and Blair set up the financial regulatory body in the UK and then leant on it to "go easy" on the banks.:yuk:

s37

doubledolphins
12th Mar 2009, 14:24
As a little aside, I was watching PMQs yesterday and nearly choked on my coffee when His Brown Ship refered to the "British Navy" and the "British Airforce". Black Republicanism! I thought. Then last night I happend across Collingwood's Trafalgar Despatch in which the old admiral himself refers to the British Navy. So I calmed down, a bit.

Griz
12th Mar 2009, 15:06
Yes but did Collingwood refer to the "British" Airforce? Eh? Eh? :hmm:

doubledolphins
12th Mar 2009, 15:10
Well no, it was 203 years ago.

sisemen
13th Mar 2009, 06:14
I really, really do think that that was exactly the point that Griz was making. It's called...... oh forget it - it's probably wasted on the slow of understanding :}

The Helpful Stacker
13th Mar 2009, 06:32
Ah, its a "we've been around longer" thing. Imagine if air power hadn't been invented eh? Naval surface fleets might still be the ultimate form of military power.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
13th Mar 2009, 16:26
Well, in a word; yes. Flying machines are a fine addition to a ship's armament, though.

doubledolphins
15th Mar 2009, 00:57
Sorry, been away flying for a bit. Sorry sm I assumed G was a navigator and the question was genuine, :ugh: