View Full Version : New in Canada

RicardoP
8th Mar 2009, 01:41
Hello,
I'm new here in Canada, living in Montreal and I would like to know what's the situation in the general aviation. I have 1600 hs in multi (baron and seneca) and i need to renew my licenses to try a new job (they are already expired). My question is: Is it difficult to get a job here as a co-pilot or do I need somebody to indicate me?
Is there any reference in flight training here ?

Thank you very much to all.

Ricardo

ScudRunner08
8th Mar 2009, 06:50
Hi Ricardo and welcome to Canada, I would suggest asking this in the Canada forum. Or on www.avcanada.com
(http://www.pprune.org/www.avcanada.com)
The Canadian Market for pilot's is a tough nut to crack everyone and there dog has 1500 hours here, especially in this market it will be a tough slog to get a job I personally know pilots with double your time looking for work. Once you have your Canadian licence's and the right to work in Canada you will blend into the scene and just be another Crazy Canuck, although your resume might draw some questions to your overseas experience at first. You will hear plenty of "funny" accents on the radio as we are very accepting society dont expect a jet job or something even with EFIS or Turbines with your time. Oh and buying type rating wich is an accepted practice in other country's will get you black listed pretty dam quick.

lots of fun flying here welcome to the club,