PDA

View Full Version : Axiom Air

18left
7th Mar 2009, 19:47
Does any one have info on a new Lagos based outfit called AXIOM AIR,about to launch charter and cargo with 737QC and citation bravo's?

LOS
7th Mar 2009, 20:03
Sister company: Welcome to Conau Limited (http://conaulimited.com/axiom.html)

18left
9th Mar 2009, 06:59
Thanks,website still under construction,pls pm me with any info usual stuff fleet,payinfo,management pilots routes e.t.c

Do you have any info on RED 1 EXPRESS?

GlobalFlyer
9th Mar 2009, 07:14
If you ask me, RED 1 Express appears to be merely a business plan. I find it strange their website states they have a firm order for ATR 72s yet nothing on RED 1 EXPRESS is found on ATR website or any other website for that matter.

It DOES look like a well-thought operation, with the management team looking solid, but when they have a "Invest in RED 1" section it looks like they haven't sourced the funding to launch the airline yet.

I'm also skeptical about the whole 'low-cost' formula working in Nigeria, where operating costs are much higher than neighboring countries, and where airlines have no choice but to go through the same suppliers as legacy carriers (Forced to use MMA2 terminal, high fuel charges compared to other African capitals, etc).

Nevertheless, i hope this airline takes off because Nigeria needs strong and well capitalized airlines.

LongJohnThomas
9th Mar 2009, 13:13
Red 1 Express as far as i know, is on schedule to begin operations in the third quarter of 2009.
I would agree that fund sourcing has been a nag for the entrepreneurs, but will disagree with the statement that its still only a business plan.

From inside info, I happen to 'know' that the company has structured the delivery of 7 ATR72-500's over a one year period and their marketing strategy, very aggressive.

It is a carefully thought out plan and steps are being taken as we speak to put these words into action.
I think they have a plan that can work and will if supported and encouraged.

Its does not make sense to me that only the middle and upper class of the Nigerian society are able to fly. Taking into consideration the cons of road transport in Nigeria and the fact that the company can actually deliver what it claims.

Their site is still open for investment only because of the finishing touches, bearing in mind that the money sourced, comes from pockets of individuals.

The primary funds required to kick off are in place, and the ball is rolling, but like any business, it's better to over-budget and have savings than fall short.

I think this lot are worth their salt.

Only my opinion based on what info I have been privileged to.:ok:

NIJASEA
9th Mar 2009, 16:50
Do the investors think this is the right time to start an airline with the world economy as it is :confused:. Wish them luck but Y do we start things without seeing it through Zenith/Kabo/Okada/VK. We need to make sure guys like Aero/Bellview/Arik dont fold up but rather invest in them and help the country develop.

Klogic
9th Mar 2009, 17:41
@Nijasea..Kabo is waxing stronger and as a matter of fact they are commencing daily flights to Dubai and Cairo from kano and Abuja on the 20th march, while they intend to resume domestic service using crjs before september.It is ironical that they are using one of the 767 formerly vk and they have absorbed some of vks cabin crew that were retrenched.

GlobalFlyer
10th Mar 2009, 05:50
I will only believe it when I see it! They've said much before about relaunching operations yet nothing ever happened. This time around, I hope it's true and I REALLY hope to see their new CRJs (if any) sporting a new livery as their existing one seems so art deco.....

NIJASEA
10th Mar 2009, 11:05
Klogic I wish them all the best in their plans but have they actually checked the load to Cairo and Dubai from Nigeria. I am sure they know that most Nigerian pax dont really drop off in dubai/cairo but connect to other parts of the world and merely stop over to shop on the return sector as VK found out to their dismay. I still believe flooding the country with Aircraft will only aid in the closure of more Airlines. Taking the 767 that was utilized by VK should not be a point of pride for anyone as i know quite well they are badly maintained and have the inflight entertainment system of the flintstones :{.

NIJASEA
10th Mar 2009, 11:08
Sorry guys, appologies for going off topic.

LongJohnThomas
10th Mar 2009, 11:47
Klogic,
The story i heard was that Kabo were expecting some B733's?
The CRJ story is a new one to me. But then again, what do i know right?
NIJASEA,
You really think that investing in the freaks you left in the aforementioned companies would be a wise option?:eek: I would surely think not! :mad:
To our dismay, our industry is where it is because of the same OLD recycled managers and administrators who have failed woefully in the past and continue to do so in the present.
I would not give a dime to any of the sort if it were an excess penny! :ouch:
Instead, i would allow them die a peaceful death and move on into the archives.:oh::D
Its time for a radical change to the way business is done; Low cost carriage and high turnover to start with, would be a good way to excite a dying market.
Just my 10cents!:ok: