View Full Version : is ame license issued by dgca, india recognised in middle east countries

abelsinglei
7th Mar 2009, 14:56
:confused:i wanna kno is d ame license issued by dgca, india recognissed in middle eastern countries. im a student of ame in india n wanna work in these countries. im currently undergoing an apprentice program in india. will my license be regonised or do i have toappear for exams there?

Miles Gustaph
8th Mar 2009, 07:41
The U.A.E GCAA will almost certainly not validate it, and they also have a policy where they reserve the right not to validate any AME license that is under 5 years old. So even if you do finish you apprenticeship, and even if they were to have a good day and accept an AMEL from India you may yet fall into the 5 years license holder rules.

If you do want to work in say Dubai and look for a position with Emirates I would suggest that you may want to look for a technicians position there and sit you GCAA exams as you can.

I don't want to sound too harsh or mean here but I would also suggest that you brush up on you written English. If you were to answer an exam question in English using the standard you demonstrate above you really will fail, regardless of the content of the answer.

That said good luck in making your way into the bigger world

abelsinglei
8th Mar 2009, 10:50
:Othanx 4 your suggestion.
by the way what are the requirements 4 those exams- experience.........if any?

Miles Gustaph
8th Mar 2009, 18:52
To sit the GCAA exams, have 3.5 years experience appropriate to the category that you have applied for, be over 21 and pay 200dhs for the exam.

When you apply they will ask for your training certificates and a record of experience, logbook.

Romal Mendez
4th Aug 2010, 08:20
Appreciate if you could kindly inform me if DGCA is recognised in Saudi Arabia. At present my son is doing AME in India and at the end of his course he has to do 6 months On Job Training with any airlines maintenance section. I am planning to bring him to Saudia Arabia for the ON JOB TRAINING, but his college has told him to make sure DGCA is recognized in Saudi Arabia, because his OJT has to be done at a DGCA recognised country.