PDA

View Full Version : Sim Partner required

unimuts
6th Mar 2009, 17:48
Not sure if this is the right location to post this but here goes.

In need of a sim partner for an a320 FAA Initial Course, here on the East Cost. Sim buddy dropped out so need someone looking to self type rate.

Please pm me asap

Uimuts

adverse-bump
6th Mar 2009, 18:45
Not sure if this is the right location to post this but here goes

posts like this go into 'i'm a prat and i've decide to pay for a type rating because Im not good enough to get a real flying job' forum

HM001
6th Mar 2009, 19:34
OUCH, Adverse-bump!

Why so angry? Don;t get me wrong I'm still in training but where your response come from???

HM001

Doors to Automatic
6th Mar 2009, 23:16
Thats the problem with Pprune these day - it has become a playground for indivisuals like adverse-bump who have to disguise their inadecquacies by posting offensive responses. I'm guessing that's why the positng activity has taken a nosedive.

portsharbourflyer
7th Mar 2009, 01:53
Adverse Bump, I have never paid for a rating, I did the instructors route, got a turbo prop job and consequently got laid off from that turbo prop job last year.

When I became a full time instructor I must have taken in the region of a pay cut of 30000+, so in effect it cost me 30,000 to work as an instructor for a year, not to mention the cost of the rating itself, plus the fact I had to use savings and credit cards to support living expenses in that year, so the cost of instructing for a year to me personally was 40,000+.

Now irrespective of the moral rights or wrongs of paying for a rating or line training, the equivalent lost earnings could have bought a 737 rating + 500 hours on type. 500 hours on a 737 is better on the CV than 500 hours of SEP time. A air taxi firm wouldn't care if MEP hours were gained in a hired twin (ie: paying to fly) or gained from paid survey work. The point I am trying to make is people who pay for ratings are not prats (in the current market a bit misguided perhaps), they have made a decision that they believe best suits their individual circumstances and for several people the gamble has worked in recent years.

Try to understand that everyone situation is different and for some people the paycut to undertake full time instructing is more than the price of a rating over 12 months, hence the decision to fund a rating can often be based on rational economics. The fact remains the thing that has most encouraged self funded type ratings is the low pay for instructing, the excessive bonds and low pay for turbo prop jobs.

Over the space of five years paying for a rating compares much more favourable to a couple years instructing and a few years bonded in a low paid tp job.

I am not saying I necessarily approve or disaprove of paying for ratings or line training, just I do appreciate why people opt for this route and making knee jerk statements as you do doesn't serve any useful purpose.

You will probably now respond but the pay to fly crowd are lowering terms and conditions. Salaries for 737 and A320 FOs are still quite respectable and much more favourable than most turboprop jobs, again this is part of the factor that only further encourages the SSTR schemes.

unimuts
9th Mar 2009, 11:39
It does seem like to many people have an axe to grind and huge chip on the shoulder these days.

I had hoped for more constructive inputs, not misguided remarks.

Adverse bump, you have demonstrated the lack of mental capacity to think, outside the box, about peoples background, there private situation, only the ability to make knee jerk, out of place remark. These are the very qualities that will hold you back in life and in your career. If ever you get there, you will find it impossible to pass an upgrade course to become captain with this attitude, because you need to be flexible, able to reasses situations encourage inputs from everyone. Having a blinkered view, being bitter and twisted is never a good quality, especially in a pilot, and will make for an uncomfortable flight deck, and difficult for the captain.

I didnt ask about the rights and wrongs on getting a type rating self funded. Nor did I explain anything about my contract of employment or the company that will be employing me. But that didnt stop Adverse bump making wild assumptions and calling me a "prat". You dont know me, nor do you know anything about me.

Having thousands of hours and flown throughout many countries as captain operating jets, passing everything first time, still did not prevent me from being laid off. This happens in life, and the focus must be on getting back flying and keep current.

An option is to go into flight training, would this have drawn such harsh outcries self rating as an instructor?

I see an instructors rating for those who want to do this as a career not just something to do until a job flying a big jet comes up and then your off. It requires a great deal of passion and dedication.

Another option is type rate on another aircraft, or yes just sit still and fill out application forms and hope someone else will pay.

I have come to find that training schools run type rating courses because the demand has been there for a long time. Also now line training courses being offered, not because 1 or 2 pilots request this, but because large numbers are going through these programs.

Many pilots have self funded jet type ratings, and line training. They have done it for many personal reasons, and I am not one to stand on a soap box and judge them.

Companies do and have for quite some time, require pilots to self fund the rating, SSTR or put the money up front in terms of a loan, which the company repays on your behalf.

Adverse bump, stop being so blinkered, relax and try to be happy. Instead of preaching to others on the rights and wrongs, do what is best for you, and if you have something positive to say then do so. Remember life is just to short.

Unimuts

fabien0601
19th Mar 2009, 12:32
I am planning to renew my b737 ng or classic rating
in the end of april. i already booked a sim and instructor in Bruxelles.
i didnt fly for a year. Let me know if you re interesting.