PDA

View Full Version : Am i too old?

WishesToFly
6th Mar 2009, 14:22
I am very keen in becoming a passenger service agent within the next year or so, and i am making a great commitment to achieving this, i have already completed a passenger service agent course, and is due to re-sit my maths and english exams, and im learning an additional language too. I am 27 years old and many PSA's seem alot younger. I have no airline experience but i have good customer service experience. Do you think an airline would turn me down because of my age, and do you have any good tips and advice im me achieving my PSA goal/ambition?

Cheers.

Alex

OpsSix
6th Mar 2009, 16:03
I worked with people twice my age when I was a PSA some years ago so I wouldn't see 27 as being an issue.

vipero
6th Mar 2009, 16:03
I started with no experience in 1991, when I was 25.
But had to wait 5 years before getting something similar to a wage...

Be humble, do not pretend too much and good luck

tigger2k8
6th Mar 2009, 16:55
defo not too old, i know PSA's who are close to 50...:ok:

groundhogbhx
6th Mar 2009, 20:10
..and quite often they are a lot better than the just out of school types, less likely to be out on the town on a Saturday night instead of working and much greater life skills which are handy dealing with the more difficult passengers:ok:

WishesToFly
6th Mar 2009, 20:42
Thank you for the replies.

Thats great, i have the confidence that i can do this. I am really determined to succeed.

As for '2nd languages' would an airline prefer you to be fluent in a second language, or is 'moderate' perfectly acceptable for the job role?

Thank you.

Alex.

Xpert
7th Mar 2009, 09:37
The best place to start is with a handling agent, this can give you experience in many different areas of the operation and there is always room for progression. As for the age, when I was doing that at from 19-25 yrs there were people just starting twice my age!. really isnt important. As for a second language, it helps, but wouldnt worry about it to much. Where are you looking to work??. PM me and il give you the phone number of the handling agents at the airport you want to work at.

Best of luck.

;)

WishesToFly
7th Mar 2009, 10:58
Thank you 'Xpert', I have sent you a PM to look at in your inbox.

Again thank you in advance.

Alex