PDA

View Full Version : QF A380 - Which port is next?

qfguy
5th Mar 2009, 23:47
So currently the QF A380 flies to LAX and LHR.

Does anyone know which ports are next on the radar?

Capt Kremin
6th Mar 2009, 00:22
None, just more frequencies to those two ports. (Unless you count Singapore and Bangkok and HKG)

Ka.Boom
6th Mar 2009, 00:42
At last years "strategy day"at Redfern John Borghetti indicated that the A380 may eventually fly to JoBurg.
Note the use of the word "may" fly to JoBurg.
Given the pax loads and yield it is no doubt viable

Flight Detent
6th Mar 2009, 01:18
So long as the damn thing doesn't fly BNE to LAX, 'cause that's the route I fly on business!

If it does, then I'll have to get to the West Coast via another route, probably via HKG by '744.

Which will involve a much longer flight....JoBurg sounds great to me!

Cheers...FD...:\

lowerlobe
6th Mar 2009, 01:31
Just out of curiosity FD.....

Why would you go to so much trouble not to fly the 380?

I'm no fan of airbus but flying Brisvegas to Honkers to get to the west coast of the US is a bit radical.....

PACIFIC BARON
6th Mar 2009, 01:32
I am not so sure re JNB. The A380 would have to be approved for the new EDTOP's [Extended Diversion Time Operations] which would not happen in a short time frame as it has not flown that route before. The same for EZE [Buneous Aires]. I think it would also apply to VAustralia if they were to consider these destinations, even more so only on 2 engines [B777].

The new legislation will require all new aircraft, regardless of the number of engines to meet & prove it's capability based on much more than an engine failure. Fire suppression etc is now considered more important. Aircraft that are currently flying will have grandfather rights & may continue to do so.

troppo
6th Mar 2009, 01:50
Nausori to Mecca on a Haj contract. They should be able to get 1000+ skinnys in high density seating.

Buster Hyman
6th Mar 2009, 02:59
Can't exceed 800 n sumfink in that thing.

I'd like to see it do MQL...and see how Rex responds!:p

troppo
6th Mar 2009, 03:57
Ok 800 n sumfink and enough goats for food, drink and entertainment

Shlonghaul
6th Mar 2009, 03:59
Buster.........Rex Mossop would respond by perambulating around the ground :E :ok:

Wod
6th Mar 2009, 06:23
Pure speculation.

I'm with Capt Kremin, the principal use of the Double decker bus will be to LHR; where slots are so limited that the only practical way to increase capacity is to put more seats into each slot : and LAX, where frequency and the need to make multiple internal US connections limit the spread of arrival & departure times that is practical.

Anyway, all LAX plus all LHR at current frequencies must be getting close to 20 aircraft.

I'll inevitably be proved wrong, but I'd have thought you would keep adding JNB frequency before switching type.

The only other motivator for putting the A380 somewhere else would be a pressing desire for a competitive edge somewhere else, which would really upset Flight Detent:E

sms777
6th Mar 2009, 09:15
Could you please explaine why this topic moved to General Aviation section since this is clearly an airline issue?

troppo
6th Mar 2009, 09:22
It will be to do with the punctuation. Specifically the question mark as it therefore becomes a question rather than a statement. Questions end up here!

sms777
6th Mar 2009, 09:30
"Surely.....You can not be serious!
I am serious....and do not call me Surely"
( Copy rights from the movie Flying High )

:ok:

Peter Fanelli
6th Mar 2009, 12:20
Could you please explaine why this topic moved to General Aviation section since this is clearly an airline issue?
I agree, this should not be here.

Bad moderator!:=

I mean come on, seriously.
If this forum was headed D & G General Aviation then there is no way this thread would belong here.

Dragun
6th Mar 2009, 20:20
Well you two should read the forum name..

It's "D & G General Aviation and Questions"

I daresay because it was a question and not a report, it was moved to the questions section. Makes sense to me. Where does it say "D &G Reporting Points" is about airlines anyway?

Peter Fanelli
7th Mar 2009, 00:37
Dragun you should read the forum description.

Airline and RPT issues in Australia and enZed.

That would be D & G reporting points.

The place for students, instructors and charter guys.

General Aviation.....

Where does it say "D &G Reporting Points" is about airlines anyway?

Do you know what RPT is?

DEFCON4
7th Mar 2009, 03:16
Another semantic pissing contest

Dragun
7th Mar 2009, 04:07
No what is RPT?

troppo
7th Mar 2009, 04:23
Respect Pprune Towers?

Stationair8
7th Mar 2009, 04:28
Due to Qantas share price, it is now regarded as a GA company!!!