PDA

View Full Version : JAA Pilot Training

Downburst
5th Mar 2009, 22:59
I wonder how many of the schools offering JAA training are approved by a European authority? For such a course instructors must be approved by an EU member's country authority. To the best of my knowledge the only approved training provders in the area are ISEA at Baccus Marsh, WAAC at Jandakot (WA) and CTC at Hamilton (NZ).

May be the JAA caper becomes like the promise "we train airline pilots" only having four Cessna 152, a cross hired Duchess, a few grade 3 flight instructors and a CFI with charter hours none of whom has ever seen an airliner from any other place than an economy class seat.

carolinewyntonrhodes
7th Mar 2009, 06:47
WAAc is an airline pilot training (CPL/IR - frozen ATPL) school with ex-airline pilots on their instructing staff - with instructors graded 3 to 1 under CASA rules and they also hold JAR licenses and IRs

Downburst
16th Mar 2009, 18:02
Correct, Caline, WAAC is approved by the UK CAA and so are the instructors involved in JAA training. I am talking about the others who offer JAA training just because they found a JAA syllabus. Mind you, the racket will be over soon as there are changes in the air (eams and flight tests to be done in an EU member country) In any case, to the best of my knowledge people who want a JAA licence need to be a resident of the EU, at least hold a Schengen Visa?!

cx252
16th Mar 2009, 18:28
you sure only Schengen Visa not resident?

Oktas8
17th Mar 2009, 09:17
people who want a JAA licence need to be a resident of the EU, at least hold a Schengen Visa?!

Want a licence? Need money. Passport not relevant.

Want a job? Need the right to live & work in Europe. No more and no less.

Want a sponsored course provided for you? See above, next to "job".

Schengen visa? Puleese. You're not a tourist.

Hour-building towards an EU license can happen anywhere (and does - mention "Florida PPL" to a JAA examiner and watch the facial expression). The key phrase is "approved training organisation", of which I'm only aware of two** in Australasia.

** ISEA is the third. But it seems they don't offer an IR, so it's not really a full professional course methinks... Perhaps in the future they'll get to that.