PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 tommorow!

waring192
5th Mar 2009, 19:59
Hi everyone, only a recent member off the forums but i am about to start the 1st step...the medical!

Been to see the doc earlier this week who gave me once over etc and also saw the optician this week armed with a copy of the requirements! Passed everything with no correction needed at all. Also wizzed through the colour test which i was supprised at due to trying them on the internet, was told that the contrast/brightness of the monitors make them alot harder to see.

Have decided too fly down from manchester as it was the same price of a train ticket plus i didnt fancy having 4 changes etc!

So will update you all tommorow on my results!

Oh, last thing, is it easier too get cab from the airport or can i walk it? The info from gatwick mentioned getting a bus?

Cheers!

mad_jock
5th Mar 2009, 20:35
There is a bus that does a circular route you get it from the bus station under I think the south terminal.

If you ask one of the local staff near arrivals they will point you towards a door that takes all the staff smokers out into that area if you follow the signs it's miles to walk.

Rugbyears
6th Mar 2009, 15:02
Number 11 if I remember correctly...and it's FREE!!!:ok:

waring192
7th Mar 2009, 16:32
hi guys, im back home (well was last night). Everything went fine, eyesight was good, hearing etc etc but...

A have a slight AV block which was discovered when I had my ecg which is strange as I didnt have anything wrong 9 months ago when I had a ecg done then.

The nurse and the doctor said it was very common and not grounds for failing as it does not get worse etc. He couldnt issue the pass on the day as it had too go through the cardiologist who wasnt in then so will be done on the monday.

So all went well as the doc said I hadnothing to worry about :ok:

goatface
7th Mar 2009, 17:39
Excellent news.

Try not worry about the AV thing, it's a very common thing and many class one holders have it picked up at one time or another.

Best of luck with the rest of your career.

waring192
10th Mar 2009, 12:00
Just got a call from the CAA saying the cardiologist had given me the all clear and my cert is in the post :ok: