PDA

View Full Version : JAA-ATPL : the european way of learning....

Tex®
5th Mar 2009, 17:57
I'm up to take my ATPL exams and have to say that there is a huuuuge gap in the way of teaching things. All the 14 Jep books, the Phil Croucher book itself are not sufficient to cover and especially to help memorize the huge amount of infos you just have to. I found them very boring at the end... :yuk:
What I really believe is missing is a sort of interactive course, like one of the many present in the american market, in the US learning style (see sportys, or kingschool). Fact is that those courses are just for FAA and anyway do not cover the ATP.
So, I just to give some good advice to some good willing companies out there : please create and sell an interactvive course with animations and explanations for the JAA-ATPL students (with some good animations for the answers to the JAA question database as well). There's still a lot to be done...

Ciao

flightlevel1985
5th Mar 2009, 18:03
Would the Oxford CD roms not count as an interactive version ??

Tex®
5th Mar 2009, 18:06
Personally I have not seen them yet. I know there's also a good course of Bristol as well, but I still belive there's plenty of space for improving things...

Ciao

flightlevel1985
5th Mar 2009, 18:11
After spending a year and a half slogging through textbooks and having seen a fair few of the king products for the FAA syllabus and I agree with you, they are much easier to digest :ok:

zlocko2002
5th Mar 2009, 19:17
there is Oxford PPL CBT, and for ATPL curently there are Met, Performance, Piston engines, Gas turbine engines, more cds expected during 2009

White Otter
5th Mar 2009, 19:46
Yes I've seen the Oxford CDs and they are much easier to digest than the books. I'm still pre PPL ATM and I find the Met CD (ATPL) easier to remember than my book (PPL)!

Tinstaafl
6th Mar 2009, 02:28
King courses! :yuk:

I truly loathe 'entertain-ified'** presentation of information. I got five minutes into one of their videos & that was all I could take.

**It's a word! I'll lend you my own dictionary if you want to check. Other, lower quality dictionaries such as the OED often miss that one. :p