PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Concorde at JFK?

Diesel8
31st Aug 2000, 08:40
The AF one is parked at the AF apron, windows covered. Was wondering where the BA one is at, inside a hangar or did it fly home? Looked all over the field when flying in, but did not see it!

May they soon grace the skies again!

UnwellRaptor
31st Aug 2000, 10:29
BA flew it home with just the flightdeck crew, I understand.

Do you think that any of the crew would have known how to work the coffee machine?

CaptainSquelch
31st Aug 2000, 17:58
It is tough but some pilots can survive for three hours without coffee.

mutt
31st Aug 2000, 18:22
The AF Concorde at JFK has nothing to do with the present grounding, that aircraft has sat there for a long time, understand that it broke a spar on landing! (Rumour)

Mutt

Diesel8
31st Aug 2000, 19:23
Mutt,

I do believe that this is indeed an airworthy A/C sitting at AF, since it started siting there just when the accident occured. There used to be another one there, but that one has disappeared.

Needless to say, someone will correct me if I am wrong, which I often am.

I would have loved the opportunity to have gone on the ferry flight, but no one called "lol".

[This message has been edited by Diesel8 (edited 31 August 2000).]

WOK
1st Sep 2000, 01:37
The AF conc is, indeed, serviceable and stranded after the grounding. The lame one was stuck there for quite some time but finally went home last year.

You're quite right - it is possible to go three hours without coffee. The problem is that a conc crew consumes tea as fast as an Olympus burns A1.

Rapid famil with galley equipment is made after the accel on positioning flts.... :)

Jopa
1st Sep 2000, 06:20
When we fly in to JFK it's at 0845 LT and the Concorde of BA is always there. At BA's terminal (no.7), parked at gate 1 or 2 (can't remember). From the street on the departure level you should be able to see it.

Diesel8
1st Sep 2000, 16:23
Jopa, you are right and a beaut she is, but right now the only Concorde at JFK is AF. BA is no where to be seen, since according to wok (and he should know if anyone would) the bird is in the UK.

Jopa
1st Sep 2000, 19:03
I should go to JFK by mid-September and I'll get back to you on that one...

flyhalf
2nd Sep 2000, 00:23
The BA aircraft (Alpha Charlie, I think) was flown home on the night of the announcement of the fleet grounding. All seven of the BA aircraft are at Heathrow.