PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Blue book

markontop
4th Mar 2009, 08:29
Anyone who is interested should read the new book "Branson" by Tom Bower.
It has an interesting section on Virgin blue and pilots pay. MR Moderator do you think this is relevant? :ok:

Skybus_319
4th Mar 2009, 08:43
and what is "so interesting" about DJ and their Pilots pay??? :suspect:

Do Spill, otherwise this thread is even more useless than the first one you made..

markontop
4th Mar 2009, 09:03
FYI as a start WRT to VB "BG's involvement did not inspire confidence"
"Senior pilots employed by Virgin Atlantic had been declared redundant by BA and CX"
For the rest you'll have to read the book.

KRUSTY 34
4th Mar 2009, 09:10
It's not so much the amount of pay VB pilots receive, that of course is in the public domain. What's really interesting I gather would be the attitude of those at the top, and their opinion as to the relevance of "professional" pay for a "professional" service?

P.S.

C'mon markontop, keep em coming. On my paltry salary I couldn't afford to buy a copy! :(

woopwoopphuckphuck
4th Mar 2009, 10:51
yes have read the book. Very insightful and yes as was mentioned recently RB was very loud in the lead up to the release of the book that he would itake legal action whereever possible.Guess what, no legal action at all as the author Tom Bower made sure of the facts.

Anyone wants to work for him should read the book first

Stationair8
4th Mar 2009, 20:09
Is this a new book or is it Tom Bower's unofficial book on Mr Branson which has been around for a number of years?

Icarus2001
5th Mar 2009, 04:03
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513EJ3YNBHL._SS500_.jpg

I read this book about six years ago. There may be a NEW edition out with updates.

Why would you start TWO threads about this huh?

Skystar320
5th Mar 2009, 05:09
I'm curious to that aswell, maybe he has something do with with the 400 job cut?

markontop
5th Mar 2009, 05:26
Started one thread before, but the pravda moderator deemed it not relevant. No I have nothing to do with the initial job cuts. I just find it interesting how this industry attracts these sought of people. If he is the great man he professes to be ie "people's champion" convince me. What is he like to work for? How is the holiday island?

Tidbinbilla
5th Mar 2009, 07:08
1. It is NOT a book on Virgin Blue as you allude to in the title of this thread. It is an unauthorised biography. I question its relevance based upon a single chapter on VB.

2. You would attract a broader audience for your cause (whatever that is) outside of the D&G forums.

3. Don't come back with a 3rd version of this topic.