PDA

View Full Version : Unpaid leave?

markontop
4th Mar 2009, 07:08
Having seen unpaid leave pushed I was very surprised that anyone one would want it. Yet there are. Up to sixty per month! :confused:
AOA's position? Probably "grow the sausage" By my reckoning everyone has already volunteered two weeks with half of our thirteenth month.:yuk:

monster330
4th Mar 2009, 07:12
You reckon 60 per month! Not from the front end certainly.
Perhaps cabin crew are taking it up. I have asked everyone I fly with if they are into doing unpaid leave. It has been a resounding NO!!!
Stuff CX while there are extendees, paid leave owing, etc etc

markontop
4th Mar 2009, 07:48
50 - 60 pilots/month. Look it up on master roster, then type in ULV on the duty part. You'll be surprised!
These would be the people that don't work on 'G's right?:oh:

Loopdeloop
4th Mar 2009, 08:09
Quite a few of those are the Ex KA crew who are still flying their own -400 or are awaiting a course. They're not actually on ULV although it looks like it.

moosp
4th Mar 2009, 12:06
And there are a few who are on the extension to the extension contract, which demands 6 weeks unpaid leave.

Incidentally for those who don't know, that contract also demands the rescinding of any seniority for redundancy. i.e. contracted after 55 are sacked before Oasis or cadets.

Whatever you think about your political stance on this, realise that this is a pre-emptive to such agreements being introduced into COS 2009. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, for it tolls for thee.

Twister for the day.

Q How do you change a Scandanavian's HR position from a belief in fair northern European labour practices into Catbert?

A Employ him in CX.

JoeShmoe
5th Mar 2009, 04:15
Having seen unpaid leave pushed I was very surprised that anyone one would want it.

Duh?? Because life is too short to spend all of it now, in front of an airplane with the likes of you until retirement. I'll have a month of that retirement now, thanks!!

ACMS
5th Mar 2009, 05:09
mate if you can afford to take unpaid leave and still pay all of you bills then good on ya.:ok:

me? I'd prefer to keep 100% of my salary thanks and still have half the month off.:ok:

markontop
5th Mar 2009, 05:17
So I guess our friend believes charity doesn't begin at home? Oh and yes to further this personal level that he has begun, the feeling's mutual - doh.