beachbumflyer
3rd Mar 2009, 22:46
Hi guys,

Where is a good place to rent a single engine plane in the Orlando, FL
area?
Thanks

1flier
4th Mar 2009, 16:40
Over at Orlando Executive, Orlando Flight Training has a good selection and decent aircraft, even a Cessna 206. Probably the best selection you'll find in the general area and getting in and out of Executive isnt a big deal at all. No more busier than a small Class D airport anywhere else. If go east on the Beeline 30 minutes to Cape Canaveral and Titusville both Space Coast Regional and Merritt Island have aircraft for rental, prices maybe a litte cheaper than OFT. Plus its great seeing the space center nearby on takeoff.

Tinstaafl
6th Mar 2009, 06:08
The school at Orlando Executive (KORL) is Air Orlando. KORL is the closest airport to downtown. There are also schools at various Orlando satellite fields eg Orlando Flight Training at Kissimmee (KISM) plus a couple at Sanford (SFB) and several other airfields with FBOs & schools. Of course some are further than others from Orlando.

beachbumflyer
6th Mar 2009, 21:23
I know Kissimmee is in the Orlando area, but I was rather looking in
Orlando Exec or Sanford

B Sousa
7th Mar 2009, 21:50
Once you rent the aircraft , fly on over to Ocala and have a Hamburger at the restaurant on the airport.......To die for...

sky jet
27th Mar 2009, 14:51
Aircraft can be had at Sanford, Deland and Daytona as you work your way up I-4. I have not personally rented at any of these fields, but can vouch for the availability by the number of small airplanes over my area. (DeBary/Deltona/Deland) I while away the hours at my kids sports practices watching newbies do stalls, steep turns, chandelles etc.

tropicalfridge
15th Apr 2009, 09:06
Anyone know where the cheapest and best place is in florida to hire an MEP?

Tinstaafl
15th Apr 2009, 19:47
Air Orlando at KORL are having a special on their Twinstar. $280 or so /hr.
The catch is that insurance requires 5 hrs on type before you'll be let loose in it on your own.

tropicalfridge
15th Apr 2009, 20:00
Thanks, will have a look at that.

421dog
16th Apr 2009, 02:06
So where's the best/closest place to fly into Disney world with a plane load of wives and small children? (need LOTS of gas, not interested in worrying about someone stealing my radios while we're there, need transportation to and from the park).

Tinstaafl
17th Apr 2009, 04:43
Kissimmee Gateway (KISM), Orlando Intl. (KMCO) or Orlando Executive (KORL) are about the most convenient. Get a rental car/van through the FBO. KMCO would be the most expensive for fuel & FBO ramp fees.

AirNav (http://www.airnav.com) has lots of info about airstrips & nearby alternatives and fuel costs.