PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair applications!

210turbo
3rd Mar 2009, 18:30
Does anyone no how long it takes for someone to get back to you? I've sent an application to Ryanair through CAE Amsterdam, just wondering if anyone has had any dealing with them and would it be worth an application to the Stockholm SAA?

Mr M.
3rd Mar 2009, 19:09
Hi, I sent it 2 weeks ago and have no news...

Wodka
3rd Mar 2009, 21:49
They are probably down at the stationary shop getting some more paper rolls for the credit card machine... :E

Aviator321
3rd Mar 2009, 22:20
These comments are getting boring now.

bkehoe
3rd Mar 2009, 22:21
I also tried CAE a while ago, got no reply, so then sent a mail to SAA who replied after a few days. It's a standard response saying they've got way too many people with no JAR25 experience on their books and while they'll keep my application on file, there's no guarantee of an assessment, and the vast majority of people who've applied will not get an assessment. :ugh: Other people I know have got the same...

G-BAD
4th Mar 2009, 08:37
Anyone else receive this reply from Ryanair after submitting an application?:

"Thank you for your recent application for a Ryanair flight crew position.

We regularly receive a large number of high standard applications for flight crew positions with Ryanair. Unfortunately, I regret to inform that we will not be progressing with your application any further on this occasion.

Due to the large number of applicants we receive on a weekly basis I am unable to give you individual feedback regarding your application.

I would like to thank you for taking an interest in Ryanair and wish you every success in your future career."

I didn't think they sent out rejections based on application alone for low hour cadets. I can't see how my CV is different from all the others they receive.:ugh:

David Horn
4th Mar 2009, 09:13
I didn't think they sent out rejections based on application alone for low hour cadets. I can't see how my CV is different from all the others they receive

You're certain there are no spelling mistakes or similar on it? Very quick way to sort CVs IMHO.

nick14
4th Mar 2009, 09:47
They sure can unfortunatly and unlucky, but chin up!:ok:

Just have a real good look at it, spelling, grammar, how does it look, can they easily see your hours and ratings etc.

Get a second opinion, and third and fourth to make sure its khosher.

Iv been CV sifting for my current job and with 90 CV's for one post its the best way, get rid of any CV that doesn't look good/has spelling mistakes etc

After all if they cannot produce a good looking and reading cv then what are they going to be like in the job??

Good luck for future applications

Nick

WallyWumpus
4th Mar 2009, 15:01
"After all if they cannot produce a good looking and reading cv then what are they going to be like in the job??"

I don't agree with the correlation between appropriately presented CV's and flight-deck ability, sorry Nick. I do however, agree that it is a valid and well-used mechanism for sorting through CV's, so the crux of your advice is sound.

Nick1012
4th Mar 2009, 15:27
Right here comes the second post...

Been looking for general tips on interview techniques and what not. Has anyone recently had the interview and can give any hints on the type of questions, the style and any other stuff they reckon could help?

Am staying at Dibden Manor the night before, nice to know I can role out of bed into the assessments!

nick14
4th Mar 2009, 15:45
WallyWumpus,

Sorry should have clarified, I was only referring to the suitability of the candidates for my job (IT data admin and general dogsbody) A lot of the work I do is based on presentation of data and as a result I have come to conclude that if the applicant cannot provide a good looking CV then what are they going to be like doing the job required!

I agree its not exactly the best way to get a feel for the candidate but if you have hundreds of CV's as we do then its an easy sifter.

Although in terms of flight deck CV's then some attention to detail would be nice.

Nick

clanger32
4th Mar 2009, 16:12
It's possibly fairer to state "If they can't be bothered to make the effort to put a decent CV together, then how much do they actually WANT the job"....this is true in any walk of life...

Sure, they could be the best pilot in the world, but if they can't be arsed to spend the time to make it look like they are, then what is their attention to detail like at other times. As a pax, it's important to me to know that the pilot can get the a/c out of any **** it gets into.....it's MORE important he knows how to not get it there in the first place....

jimsmitty01
4th Mar 2009, 17:32
CAE take an indefinite time to get back to you. Better to send your application direct.

G-BAD
4th Mar 2009, 21:30
Nope that's not it, no spelling mistakes, hours are near the top in a table correctly added up, no grammar errors.
CV is well laid out, had a few people working in airlines look over it, use a similar layout for getting my normal jobs in IT.Weird thing was I got a call from an East Midlands area number shortly before the email, would it have been a rejection call, who knows, they hung up when I answered!
Guess it's just bad luck, that or I don't sound like a good pilot when I say "hello" :confused: