PDA

View Full Version : Will I pass or not!

fabbe92
3rd Mar 2009, 16:53
Hello guys! Okay hereīs the deal. I have been invited for free medical excams, two weeks from now. If I pass them, I will be offered a position in a special program for people of my age here in Sweden. With the program I get free flight training. It means I go from 0 hours to the point where I have all the licenses and I am fully quallified for working as a commercial pilot, FOR FREE!

But I have a problem. I am 17 years old and I am 180cm long, I weigh around 65kgs and I feel perfectly fine. I have done many health controlls and I have good blood preasure, no deceaces and everything is perfectly fine, except a few things. I spent many hours infront of the computer a few years ago and with this came a small vision fault. It is not big and it will not be a problem during the test. But whit this little fault came a small sensitivitie to light. I have been to the doctor and he says that my (something I cant find the english name for) is a little bit oversensitive. It is the mhhm that binds something in the eye. I went to the doctor 3 weeks ago and he gave me eye drops. He says that it will pass within a few months and I am allready experiencing improvements. It will not be perfectly fine for the ecxam tough, may it be a problem?

I am allso a little poped in my nose. I mean I have that little thing that you have when you have a cold that makes you breath worze. I can breath through my nooze it is just that it is there. This may have affected my ear since I had trubble poping it once and there is a little ringing. I have been to the doctor and she says that the ear looks perfectly fine. I hear 100% on both ears. The noose looks a little thick she sayd and this may have something to do with your litt ear problem. So she gave me some tabletts, a spray for the noose and I was told to spray water with salt trough my nose every day. It is begining to improve but it will not be perfectly solved when I do the test.

May the doctor fail me for this or is it okay since they are minor faults that will have gone away in a feew months since I am taking medicine and the doctors are positive?

The reason for me asking is that you have told me that if you fail once and pass the second time, you will get into trubble later on in your career. So maybe I shouldnīt do the tests but I really want to since this is a really good chance for me. I mean free training!!!!!

What do you guys think?

Thank you so very much!!!

Rugbyears
3rd Mar 2009, 19:42
Attend the examination, I'm sure you will be fine, remember these chaps want you to pass and will only highlight any major concerns which warrant further investigation...
:ok:

gingernut
4th Mar 2009, 22:18
Although these problems are a worry to you, I think that you have to be careful not to "medicalise" symptoms that we all have from time to time.

You have two ears and one mouth. Use them in that proportion in the medical.

Good luck, post something when you pass.:ok:

fabbe92
5th Mar 2009, 13:26
I will post something when I pass. I feel a lot more comfortable now. But first I have to pass the psychological tests and that is another story hehe:ok::{

Old Smokey
6th Mar 2009, 16:08
You're not going for a medical at NASA to become an Astronaut are you?:O

99.9% of regular pilots passing Class 1 medicals every day suffer from these minor complaints. Smile, be Happy! (Unless you are in the other 0.1%). Listen to the wise words of Gingernut, he's medically qualified, I'm not.

If you're doing your psychological test first, ask Dr. Freud how to relax!:}

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Old Smokey

fabbe92
7th Mar 2009, 17:34
As I said I am not very conserned about these medical tests now since I am pretty well fealing besides from my small problems.

The thing I am scared about now, are the DR Freud tests. If I donīt pass them, there goes my chance of free training. And this isnīt like Oxford etc. Here you only have one try since you have to be 17 in order to start. Not younger or older.

How hard are these tests really? I have noticed that when I do these for fun, tests online, like a small test for the Swedish military or the IPAS test on the epst website, I pass but I donīt get any enistein grades. Do these tests on the web show me that it will be tuff or donīt they mean a thing.

Thanks and sorry for hijacking! Back to topic!

Captain-Random
21st Mar 2009, 00:10
I am 180cm long

Thats one for the ladies