PDA

View Full Version : Army Air at Leuchars no more

fisbangwollop
3rd Mar 2009, 09:28
Just heard from one of the pilots that the AAC have pulled out of Leuchars.......last 2 gazelles just taken south for storage!!....I have spent the last 15 years providing an ATC service to them over Scotland.... they all will be sadly missed by myself and workmates.....it has been a pleasure to talk to you all in the past and try to give you a great service......good luck one and all. :ok:

Taff Missed
3rd Mar 2009, 15:56
All part of the 7 Regt disbandment. Shawbury's Gazelles are gone and the Netheravon cabs will disappear into storage next week. Something to do with saving money:rolleyes:

sanddancer
3rd Mar 2009, 17:42
Yep...........all gone.....now I'll have to get on and do the gardening instead of skiving off to Leuchars to do some of the most entertaining and challenging flying I've ever done.

If anyone from Scottish Info particularly is reading this - thanks for looking after me over the years!

EESDL
3rd Mar 2009, 18:33
Thanks for accomodating my atpl(h) by taking me for my 5 'Night' take-off and landings - just after lunch!
SOMA Manager
1995-96
(just after the SAR Flt moved!!!!)

Floppy Link
3rd Mar 2009, 18:55
...anyone from Scottish Info particularly is reading this...

the clue is in the name of the original poster...

fisbangwallop :E

although in 9 days or so it may be more of a mouthful...
basicservicebangwallop ?

ChristopherRobin
3rd Mar 2009, 19:36
Thanks FisBangWallop - you looked after us all very well and it's a shame that we're going because there's still a job to be done, not the least of which is flying the AH crews on their FAC training. Just watch those costs start to mount up.

Anyway, thanks for all the help - it's the end of a good thing.