PDA

View Full Version : DragonAir Selling Flight Sims!

stickyb
26th Mar 2002, 13:16
I noticed during a recent Drangonair flight that they are advertising Flight Sims in the in-flight duty free.. .. .Had a quick look, seems more like a toy! Small hand held gadget like a gameboy with more buttons!. .. .Now you will be able to double check the pilot whilst in the air!!!!. .. .Maybe I should post this in Jet Blast or Wannabees!

twistedenginestarter
26th Mar 2002, 14:38
Sticky. .. .Not sure what you are saying here. Is this device something that connects to the aircraft instrumentation or is it just a game that happens to be sold by an airline?

Final 3 Greens
26th Mar 2002, 15:10
Twistedenginestarter. .. .My son bought something on Continental that sounded similar to this.. .. .The approach procedure was to reduce power at dive at the runway with 15 degrees nose down.. .. .Definitely a toy!

stickyb
26th Mar 2002, 15:17
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica"> Not sure what you are saying here. Is this device something that connects to the aircraft instrumentation or is it just a game that happens to be sold by an airline?. . </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">TwistedEngineStarter. .. .Sorry, my post was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek.. .It is definitely a toy as far as I can see.. .I was thinking about some of the other topics we have had such as "Can I use my hand held GPS in flight?". .Just brings to mind a movie like scene where the whole aircraft are tracking the pilots every move whilst in their seats - voting about what to do in any unusual situation?. .Just made me smile, thats all.