View Full Version : Embraer 190 Captain Contract Positions

ellstrom
3rd Mar 2009, 07:28
Currently a 10 year captain with a US carrier flying Embraer 170 aircraft. Have been looking at overseas opportunities for direct hire captains. The pay seems good, but my company will not grant me a leave or voluntary furlough (even though we have pilots on furlough).

At age 49, if I leave for overseas money, I need to be able to bank enough cash in three or four years of flying to make it well worth having left the seniority behind.

I was excited about the cash at NAS. The general feel from this site is that NAS is not stable and not making money. Star Aviation has an opportunity in Chennai (commutable roster) that pays about 2/3 what NAS does and WASINC has a similar opportunity in China (not commutable).

Is there any operator of Embraer 170/175/190/195 aircraft that pays enough and is stable enough to leave ten years seniority for?

Thanks in advance.

:confused:

Mach E Avelli
3rd Mar 2009, 07:55
Have a look at the Skyairworld thread in the Dunnunda and Godzone forum.

They just went tits-up and dumped quite a few 170/190 pilots on the market. Rumour has it that Virgin Blue may also dump some. So, the advice to stay where you are may be good.

Iver
3rd Mar 2009, 13:29
I would not leave your stable job in the States. Don't do it unless you can come back to it later (take leave if that is an option). As for NAS, from what I hear and have read, the grass is not greaner in the desert - it is brown. I would stay where you are.

Otto Throttle
3rd Mar 2009, 17:47
What about opportunities in the Mid East on the Lineage (biz version of the 190)?

I think I recall contracts being available with a private Saudi operator.

VRSCSE2
4th Mar 2009, 11:45
Everything overseas is a roll of the dice.
Too many things could happen that you have not even thought about.
Be happy, keep your day job, and hang out with the family..

VRSC
China