PDA

View Full Version : Accelerated commecial pilots license

fiveoh
3rd Mar 2009, 01:02
Hey,

Looking to be starting my commercial pilots license in more or less a month flying out of a private school, They happen to offer a 6 month accelerated program that i am considering just had a couple concerns though.

First, does $63,000 cdn sound like an appropriate number to achieve the cpl/me/ir? This number sounds a little steep considering other schools estimate it will cost around 45-50000 cdn. What do you guys think.

also has anyone completed an accelerated cpl/me/ir or know of anyone who has? some good ol' testimonials would be great.

Cheers,

Fiveoh

belleh
3rd Mar 2009, 01:59
As I'm sure a lot of people will tell you, you shouldn't be doing accelerated anything at the moment. If you want elaboration on that, there are numerous threads and stickies you should be checking out in this very forum.

also has anyone completed an accelerated cpl/me/ir or know of anyone who has?

If by 'accelerated' you mean integrated, then yeah, probably more than a few in here have taken that path. From zero to fATPL in 6 months though? If that's what you're saying, then no way, not possible. The quickest qualifying driving instructor I know of completed in about 6 months, and that's for driving cars, not planes.

fiveoh
3rd Mar 2009, 02:46
By accelerated, i mean 250 hr pilot with cpl/me/ir minus the fatpl

Whirlygig
3rd Mar 2009, 06:33
Doesn't CPL/ME/IR = fATPL?

It's not clear exactly what is included in this "accelerated" course. Do you have a PPL? Have you passed commercial theory exams? Without knowing more, no-one can comment whether it's value for money.

Cheers

Whirls

johnnyDB
3rd Mar 2009, 08:34
Just another fancy name to help people reach a little deeper into their pockets me thinks :bored:

Fitnesspilot737
3rd Mar 2009, 16:10
Im studying here and I will complete everything within 6mths. Its FAA. The planes are all 172 G1000. Worth looking at. If you need more info let me know.

Halfbaked_Boy
3rd Mar 2009, 17:06
WhirlyGig,

Remember, the fATPL also requires the ATPL theoretical examination passes, as opposed to the CPL exams, which would take considerably less time. I should imagine this is where the time difference lies :ok:

And to the original poster, yes it is feasible, but you're being ripped off if you pay that much for it. It's also up to you when you begin training - there will be plenty of people offering their advice on this particular issue, but it's your choice, for everybody's circumstances are different.

Best of luck with the future - everybody takes a different road in life :ok:

Jack

Whirlygig
3rd Mar 2009, 18:32
Well, apart from the fact that there is actuallly no such thing as an fATPL, I think someone with this plan would be nuts to do CPL theory and IR theory and not ATPL theory instead?? :ok::}

Cheers

Whirls

PS - CPL theory does not take "considerably" less time; granted, less time but it's not a great deal of difference. The syllabus is still quite broad.

Halfbaked_Boy
3rd Mar 2009, 18:42
Hi,

I certainly agree with that - I think if one wanted to become a career instructor, or work in a flying occupation that was purely SP, then why not save the hard earned cash and go CPL, but in light of what the OP has said, I'm inclined to go along with what you said.

Also, no offence meant regards what I said - believe you me, I'm very aware of the hard graft that has to go into the CPL theory exams, and I was in no way incinuating it's anything of an easy ride relative to the ATPL theory :}

It's all good fun at the end of the day :ok:

Cheers, Jack