PDA

View Full Version : Bonza At YTNG

Aerodynamisist
2nd Mar 2009, 20:29
What happened with your hydraulics the other day forkie was it electrical or mechanical ? good to see your aircraft is unscathed !

BEACH KING
2nd Mar 2009, 21:44
Hydraulics on a Bonza? Please explain (as Pauline would say).

I assume you would be talking about his hydraulically driven backup GPS Wherethef@ckarewe tablet thronomeister.

morno
2nd Mar 2009, 22:31
No such thing as hydraulics on a Bonza. All electrically driven.

morno

BEACH KING
2nd Mar 2009, 23:54
That's what I was trying to allude to Morno.
Must have used a bit too much satire.

Reverseflowkeroburna
3rd Mar 2009, 01:31
Looks like he may have had to put down due to a lost internet connection!!! :}:}:}

Led Zep
3rd Mar 2009, 02:01
Electric brakes??? :E:E:E:}

Jabawocky
3rd Mar 2009, 02:10
Reverse flow............. :D:D:D thats GOLD!!!

rioncentu
3rd Mar 2009, 06:06
FTDK got a 2 minute slot on our news last night, even a glimpse of him.

The article said the couple in the plane shied away from media attention !

The news article did say that there were 11 firefighters, 2 doctors, 3 police and 3 ambos on standby for the landing.

Nothing much else must have been going on in YTNG that day.........

Chimbu chuckles
3rd Mar 2009, 07:28
Its an experience/exposure thing...anytime any sort of 'event' is in the offing it is viewed as essential, by the powers that be, that EVERYONE with ANY accident/emergency role must attend because events are incredibly rare.

Its also an arse covering thing. Imagine the media reaction to a serious accident where sundry accident/emergency professionals were NOT in attendance.

In my time in PNG I was closely associated with a couple of serious accidents...in both cases the over abundance of 'emergency professionals' who became involved was wholly counterproductive. The way in which there presence was imposed on the situation was at once understandable (on the job training), and political (the local emergency services/defense force folk had to be shown as capable when they clearly were not)...in fact ANY expatriate input to the events/outcome was quite deliberately edited out...despite the fact that in both cases had it not been for said expat involvement then the outcomes would have been entirely different. In one case survivors would have been completely on their own and probably would not have survived and in the second case the location of the wreck and bodies would still be a mystery like so many others in PNG aviation history.

Note I make no inference that those attending an emergency in regional Australia would be anything but utterly effective at their jobs...but the 'on the job training' aspect of so many people turning up to an airborne non event is par for the course.

Aerodynamisist
3rd Mar 2009, 07:37
No hydraulics in a beech ? my bad. haven't flown them much, all the controls backward, upside down and generally in the wrong spot.

Chimbu chuckles
3rd Mar 2009, 07:47
Not in the wrong spot...merely a DIFFERENT spot.:ok:

the wizard of auz
3rd Mar 2009, 08:17
merely a DIFFERENT spot.
Thats right...... Different to every other GA aircraft produced since 1950.
Go on chuckles, admit it... they in the WRONG place. :E
Only an owner would defend it.

Chimbu chuckles
3rd Mar 2009, 09:53
And what was the ONE GA piston single that stayed in production EVERY year since 1949?

What is the most numerous GA piston single?

Which piston single had, and arguably still has, the reputation for being the gold standard of piston singles?

It is NOT right or wrong it is different.

Consensus does not make something correct in absolute terms.

Disastrous Manmade Global Warming ring any bells?

I personally LIKE, even prefer, the cockpit layout of the older Bonanzas. I LIKE the throw over yoke and the 'reversed' positioning of the flap and gear controls is a complete non issue to me.

Does that mean I have NEVER wondered why Beech did it the way they did?

Of course I have...maybe it has something to do with them being FIRST to build a modern retractable piston single.

Peter Fanelli
3rd Mar 2009, 10:49
Disastrous Manmade Global Warming ring any bells?

Off topic I know, but yesterday there was to be a meeting of the minds (yeah right) about global warming in Washington DC. Seems that due to the winter weather participants had to struggle through about 12 inches of white global warming to get to the venue.

the wizard of auz
3rd Mar 2009, 11:02
Jeez Chuckles........ you really do like em, don't ya. :E
Settle old mate, settle...... Think fishing line.....hook....sinker. :E:ok::}

Chimbu chuckles
3rd Mar 2009, 13:16
Crunt:}:ok:

the wizard of auz
3rd Mar 2009, 13:21
I resemble that remark. :}

tio540
3rd Mar 2009, 23:27
Interesting stuff, but where is Forky. We miss ya.:)

The Green Goblin
4th Mar 2009, 01:00
Of course I have...maybe it has something to do with them being FIRST to build a modern retractable piston single.

I often wondered why the other manufacturers went the opposite way to what beech introduced. Now we consider the Bo 'backwards' when in fact it was the first aeroplane in the modern conventional sense that we now all take for granted.

I had the honour of clocking up some time in the first BE36 imported into AU, she was even more ergonomically challenging than the standard A36 which I also enjoyed many hours in.

Pity she is now scrapped, would love to have got her going again :(

Flopt
4th Mar 2009, 11:14
I know nothing..........

Flopt
4th Mar 2009, 11:24
All the knobs have different shaped bumps on them, so you can feel which one is which!

What else do you need!!!!!!! It's like 'Braille'.......

Flopt

Flopt
4th Mar 2009, 11:37
The news article did say that there were 11 firefighters, 2 doctors, 3 police and 3 ambos on standby for the landing.

Plus a rescue M20j on the way............

Flopt

Joker 10
4th Mar 2009, 12:02
Now why would you land into a full emergency after circling for an hour, drop passengers then take off again Gear still U/S fly to maintenance base, put aircraft in for maintemance with no entry on the M/R.

Someone is dicing with the certainty that some day his/her time will come.

Crazy stuff iff all true.

Flopt
4th Mar 2009, 12:29
"Now why would you land into a full emergency after circling for an hour, drop passengers then take off again Gear still U/S fly to maintenance base, put aircraft in for maintemance with no entry on the M/R"

Duh........

Flopt
4th Mar 2009, 12:41
"Now why would you land into a full emergency after circling for an hour, drop passengers then take off again Gear still U/S fly to maintenance base, put aircraft in for maintemance with no entry on the M/R"

Duh........apart from the initial 'apparent' problem.....none of the rest happened.....so why would you assume it did?.......acted conservatively with wife on board......identified problem.....continued flight legally and uneventfully......perhaps slightly embarrassed......mild mirth from M20j pilot....just having a 'dig' really......Dr is a bit of a target!

F