PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Theory - little advice please!

Nathan1986
2nd Mar 2009, 19:55
Good Evening all,

I am currently taking lessons and studying towards my PPL and allthough im a fair way off, im already thinking about the best way to go about my ATPL Theory.

I understand that I have the option of distance learning and wonder what exactly this involves, how long does it normally take one to complete? I work full time but can spend evenings and weekend studying. Also i was wondering the format? Do you study for one exam and then sit the test or a block of exams and a block of tests?

All advice welcomed and greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Nathan1986

maxdrypower
2nd Mar 2009, 20:09
Nathan , before someone far less polite comes on have a look at this
http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/131649-archive-reference-threads-posting-guidelines-read-before-you-post-question.html
Every answer you need is there , it will save people from typing something that has been typed 10,000 times before
good luck

Nathan1986
2nd Mar 2009, 20:11
Thanks Max :ok:

Andy_20
3rd Mar 2009, 10:22
I work full time, and study DL with Bristol... getting through the material is the hardest bit, forcing yourself to read when you just cba, only took 2.5 months to get through though, just reading a couple lessons a night then more at wkend. Waiting on brush up course at the moment, so on the QB. I feel confident aswell, save yourself the money, go DL and take your time. Theres not much point in rushing anyway with the current climate.
take it easy :ok:

Halfwayback
3rd Mar 2009, 15:14
Good advice given by all the responding posters!

The thread is locked to avoid the incessant banter!

HWB