PDA

View Full Version : flydubai?

bcp7
2nd Mar 2009, 17:41
Does anybody know the expected pace of hiring, timetable for certification?
I have a resume in with Protech Technical for Dispatcher position with them.

Thanks in advance.

Schibulsky
2nd Mar 2009, 18:52
Why should they look for dispatchers, the flightplans will be calculated by EK-dispatch :eek:
Maybe they are looking for Opscontrollers.
First flight is planned in April, inshallah

Heloboss
5th Mar 2009, 13:50
Hello there Schibulsky...do you work for EK...? I saw on their website that they are hiring a Dispatch Manager...wouldn't that indicate a separate Dispatch operation? Do you know what their routes are going to be?

Thanks...! :8

Schibulsky
5th Mar 2009, 15:35
Here at EK they are calling all kind of guys "dispatcher".:*
May be they are looking for a ground dispatcher.
Or someone who is responsible for dispatch at their end, no idea:confused:
Have no info yet about actual destinations.
Just checked the website and saw no opening for any dispatch manager:uhoh:

Heloboss
5th Mar 2009, 18:09
Schibulsky: What do they call the guys who do the "dispatching" at EK...that have a GCAA/FAA Dispatching Lic...? Flight Planners...? Planners...something else...? What is the hiring process fior EK...? Congrats on scoring a slot there...nice work...if you can get it...!:D

I see they took down the Dispatch Manager position in the FD website. But they do seem to be still seeking more FAs...???

Schibulsky
6th Mar 2009, 08:41
We are called Dispatchers but nobody here seems to know the difference btw us and the guys on the ramp..."what to do" ?:sad:
All dispatchers have GCAA lic.
The hiring process is stopped for the time being and may be for longer. They will probably not even replace me and some others who are leaving soon.
Do some reading at the middle east forum and think twice b4 coming to this :mad: company and the sh..hole called Dubai:(
You probably don't want to work the new roster...2early,2late,2nite and then only 1 rest day and 1 off day :yuk:
The salary is o.k. but the conditions suck BIG TIME!
And the future brings what ever the company throws at you....just because they can....:E

Heloboss
6th Mar 2009, 17:07
Is an FAA lic acceptable for hiring purposes until I get the equivilant...? IF I ever got as far as submitting a resume and/or consider working there...it seems that you either love the place or you dont...it just depends on your needs or where you are (:confused:) in your life...? Yes...? Does a person usually have to inquire direct...or does a placment agency work best for FK hiring...?

Schibulsky
7th Mar 2009, 14:29
FAA lic is o.k. for hiring....just go to the EK website and submit your CV...you might hear from them...inshallah:p
But might be a good idea also to apply through an agency... lots of people never ever got contacted...keep discovering:yuk:

MrMachfivepointfive
7th Mar 2009, 16:51
Looks like they hired the entire ops lot of now defunct XL airways for FlyDubai. Most likely as movement/network controllers, as none of them has Lido exposure, GCAA license, the works. Apparently EK will do the dispatching and flightwatch for some time to come.

oscarlimatango
12th Mar 2009, 10:27
wow! Schibulsky....thanks for making my day!

I tried so hard to join EK, made so many enquiries, revamped my c.v like a million times to get noticed, and all i got was an e_mail saying that they have recieved my app!

so yeah EK is a sour grape for me!

but like all hypocrits...i would mind joining if they called!

Schibulsky
12th Mar 2009, 19:58
Hi OLT,
just to make your decision easier;)
After they changed the roster from 4/4 to 6/2 they have a plan to make it better for us...they now proposed the following:
6 nights...3 off...6 late...2 off...6early...1 off :D
These guys are absolutely nuts!!:ugh::ugh::ugh:
Who is :mad: enough to apply for that?!?!
And believe me they have more crap in stock :(

ferhankaka
15th Mar 2009, 06:44
with that schedule and flydubai using EK Ops it would hell of a working enviornment!

imagine this coming to their ops department!
one room full of sleep deprived over worked and enderpaid edgy workers! how fun would that be? i can only imagine!

btw any one in aviation marketing? pm me, i might have an oppening!

Artisan
15th Mar 2009, 10:12
Does anyone here know anything about the planned pilot rosters at flydubai.

Heloboss
18th Mar 2009, 14:36
Is it a sales positon...or strategic developement....? I have a bit of experience...

but mostly ATC and Dispatching...

see Rotor & Wing Sept 2002/Guest Opinion...mY article

markjonald
26th Mar 2009, 09:21
i'm looking for a job in DXB,AUH or any part of the emirates. South East Asia would also be nice.

if any who happens to have any vacant post, please e-mail me:[email protected]

thanks!

waseem6888024
23rd Apr 2009, 22:08
EK Network Dispatcher Mean Only Dispatcher Ok

Thanks

silverstreak
23rd Apr 2009, 22:19
Cheer up waseem :O... Dont take things so literally

desertopsguy
24th Apr 2009, 09:26
So...what's the gen on the salary and the work roster there?

The timing for starting this thing up is not exactly optimum...be interesting to see the P n' L statement after the first 12months of ops.

I also wonder why EK are asking cabin crews to take unpaid leave when they could have shipped em up the road to get Fly going.

Nothing ever makes sense in the sandpit...:}