PDA

View Full Version : Air Macau info Anyone?

xwillfly4foodx
2nd Mar 2009, 01:54
I'm new to the forum, but was wondering if anyone had info on Air Macau: Good or Bad, Hiring process, really anything at all that would be helpful. Being half a world away, I've had some trouble finding good info on my own. Thanks, all!
:ok:

pill
2nd Mar 2009, 02:18
Don't expect to much of anything here if you'll "fly for food"

xwillfly4foodx
2nd Mar 2009, 03:38
Won't actually fly for food... just a name I started using when I got into aviation and I've already got enough usernames and passwords to remember.

Fixed Ground Power
2nd Mar 2009, 04:05
According to this article, http://travel.sina.com.cn/air/2009-02-12/091461169.shtml, Air Macau was making big losses in 2008 and called on its major shareholders including Air China for help.

Travelled to PEK from HKG last week, acft was A321, seemingly on damp-lease to Air China. It seems the arrangement has been in place since Aug(?) 2008.

Read what you will into the above.

FGP

Pitiless
3rd Mar 2009, 03:10
Air Macau is in Financial troubles. It's just about to subscribe Chapter 11. For some reason or another it didn't happen yet. No one knows the reasons. Thus technically speaking is bankrupted.
Also 2 aircrafts are wet leased to Air China based in Peking. 2 others will follow soon to be based in Hangzhou ( near Shangai). So far no one knows how is possible to wet lease another 2 aircraft since Air Macau as to keep a minimum of aircraft in Macau in order to satisfy the concession requirements.... it sounds very strange! Most likely it's already below that minimum. There are rumors that another one or 2 aircraft will be wet leased to Air China by the end of the year (September) ..???? If you prepared to live most the time in China with very low (insuficient) day allowances and face many other problems, such as poor Management, lack of discipline etc... come. It's quite discouraging..i would say. Many senior Company pilots quiting..joining other Airlines such Air Vietnam, Qatar etc... There is a reason..Isn't it?
My advice is if you in despair for a job, give a try. Otherwise try another Airline.
Better for you to speak quite frankly!

xwillfly4foodx
3rd Mar 2009, 05:52
Thanks for the advice - I hadn't heard anything like that. Anything good about working there? Trying to get all opinions, you know?

TonTonMatuk
4th Mar 2009, 03:44
I understand you. This is my advice. Probably you will find out more advantageous for you coming here rather disavantages. It depends on each one aim!
Happy Landings

Gards
17th Mar 2009, 22:54
Whats the word lately at Air Macau? No fights in the cockpit lately? Sounds pretty tame recently!!

cx252
17th Mar 2009, 23:07
think about it, within the region they have Cathay Pacific, Dragon Air, China Southern,and HK express/HK Airline Shenzhen Airline,and Air Macau. Total 5 Airliners inside the delta Region.

Pitiless
18th Mar 2009, 02:43
Apparently!.............Only apparently! It's a matter of fact: the recent Pizza's boy disgusting show off in a classroom disrespecting the Instructor Captain De Leon uncovers Pizza boy lack of manners and low social class he belongs to. It's a real shame such a kind of individual among us. For both reasons: technically speaking (very poor knowledge and flying skills) and socially his total lack of manners.
He lacks also common sense. He is the one who flew into alpha floor on t.off and didn't know how to get out of it... Let's everyone know in our Company his poor performance in the SIM (last session with Captain De Leon he had his SIM session wrongly and ilegally extended 01.30 hrs) in order to pass him.
His associate Captain Excstasy is also another one who menaces everyone...At the moment an investigation is going on due to several F/Officers reports on his behaviour towards them in the cockpit. He is another good misbehaviour example.
Two disgusting examples. They definitely deserve a lesson. Shame on them.
NO MERCY!!!!!!

resort living
18th Mar 2009, 08:53
There are some good news :ok: regarding the new NX SOP that will (finally) be implemented on 1st of May. Very similar to Airbus procedures, easy to operate and lazy pilots will have no more excuses not to adhere :=.
A new start for Flight Operations Division? Maybe, but please with a new CP! :E

InterceptionFromAbov
18th Mar 2009, 20:29
Can anybody explain me what happened? Can anybody explain me what happen with the most rude pilot in the Aviation World? Yes, Capt P.A.? What hapenned to him? We were so happy that he was leaving to Vietnam, and join the dwarf over there, but now he came back? Why? Please take him back, we will pay half of his salary, plus tickets for his family to go and visit him there, plus retirement pension, just to keep him there! Away from Macau! Why did he came back! NNNNNNOOOOOOO!
And to change subject, lets talk about the lack of balls that NX CP, fleet Manager, and VPFO have. Today i was just informed that this gentleman, Capt P.A., resign from NX, goes to Vietnam during No PAy Leave days from Air Macau, signs a Contract, performs 2 Flights there(illegal to work for 2 Airlines at the same time under NX actual contract), has a published Roster, resigns fromthere and comes back to NX. And after all of this, NX Menagement knows about it and doesnt have the guts to fire a guy that signs 2 contracts and performs duties in 2 Airlines?! Are you nkidding me? Why are you so afraid of this guy? When will you guys have some guts and do something about him! Why are you so scared? Just ask Vietnam Airlines, open an Investigation and FIRE HIM!!! He deserves it, or you forgot what he did in the past when he had his friends in the Management? He was the reason for some of us to be fired or just willing to leave. REMEMBER?

P.S.New rumours mention that perhaps he will try go to QR and join his friends there! I hope he goes. Arabs and Croatians over there (not to mention some Portuguese and Brazilians),they will take care of him. They will real take GGGGOOOODDDDD care of him. Well done Mr Aguas

Fubaliera
18th Mar 2009, 21:01
its strange how they have the ball to fire a f.o who wife pregnant but not Capt P.A. Maybe Anabella has a thing for abusive portuguese guys, or there afraid of ACCM. But dont worry he is not welcome at QR as well.

Arremeteu
19th Mar 2009, 06:23
Yes guysi can assure you that you are 100% right. P.A. was working for Vietnam, with Contract signed and Roster. But you know what? NX is runned by BANANAS that dont have the guts or know how to do things right, so, WELL DONE P.A. Have a good laugh about NX 18th floor loosers. They deserve!!!!!!!

Fubaliera
19th Mar 2009, 07:28
The funny is why did he run back, was it the traffic in Saigon, or his ladyboy didnt like it, or he missed the wet lease in Pek.May Capt Serafinished promissed him a position on his virtual airline.

TonTonMatuk
20th Mar 2009, 07:34
eheheheheheheheheh!:D
Fire! Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!:ouch:
Looks like a shooting gallery!!!! .:= It's wise saving ammunitions man......................................................... ........................Right?:ok:
............................................................ ............................
We never know..................:rolleyes:

resort living
20th Mar 2009, 08:35
There are rumors that one Captain of Air Macau last weekend was flying for Dragonair and this weekend he will be doing 2 sectors with Srilankan in Colombo to try the A330 but will return on Monday.
He also resign three times this week, uummm sorry last week :sad:, no eeehhhh I think next week :uhoh:, to join Xiamen Airlines but not sure :confused:.

Pitiless
20th Mar 2009, 09:26
Really? Who was it?:confused:
Please let me know...............................

InterceptionFromAbov
20th Mar 2009, 11:50
I wonder why every time we talk about V.S and his "crew", somebody always hijack the trend, erasesit, or trys to mislead REAL information? You want to know why? Because they are the ones that come hear every day with only one porpose. Take it easy guys! I was just talking about P.A., and the lack of BALLS that our 18th floor have. And i guess Fubaleira was right, they didnt think twice about firing that F/O, but when it touches the delicate subject of doing something against those bad guys, they are afraid of taking action. Are they afraid of " bitting their owner hand"? I guess they are. They only had a tough hand on that poor FO that reported Sick too many times and without explanations, because he was the weakest link of all of those guys. That is it! Easy guys!
If you want to know the truth, just ask Vietnam A. or anybody that youmight know over there. They will confirm you that that As... was working for them. He is breacking our contract isnt it? So do something, otherwise we can all have a second job and make some extra money. At least we could compensate the Salary adjustment that we didnt get this year! At least until this month.

TonTonMatuk
21st Mar 2009, 09:35
I entirely agree with you regarding the lack of guts of our mismanagemnt team. It's a matter of fact the F/O was fired due to much absentism without providing the due justification ( Medical certificate or whatsoever). If it's true i have to admit the mismanager kid was right. Unless the story i was told it's not the right one. Honestly I don't know. But the problem also applies for some of his friends like excstasy and pizzas who permanently are causing troubles around messing up with everyone...They have been acting like they are above everything and everyone. Impunity is the real word! I am also wondering why? Anyway regarding the competency of the wise team in the 18 floor i have the worse opinion. The VPFO lacks background to run the job. No doubts man! Incompetent! The only one knows what's talking about is the Training Manager. About all the others they are nothing but a real joke.
I am wondering why AACM didn't exercize yet their right to remove the kid from that position'.....I am really wondering. Maybe interesting things happened in the past that could be of interest for the Comissariado of Anti Corrupcao (Anti Corrruptiion Comissariat) to investigate.
Ahah Who knows?

CR-ASC
23rd Mar 2009, 11:21
Ethics durings vs and long hair?:mad:
Maybe you were not in amu at the time, but the first time ever a pilot was fired, was with them!!!!in 1999! They fired 2 captain's for no reason at all, actually the first one was because he reported to DFO instead off acting DFO, the airplane was in Portugal and DFO was in Portugal, acting DFO was in Macau( CS-MAH wet leased to TAP), the second one was because long hair did not liked a captain (from a problem regarding seniority from a previous airline).
Afterwards is was in a random way, anybody could be the target and....
unless you were in headquarters on a daily basis (reporting) or working on your days off or holidays for free!

Of course they did a beautiful job, that is why pilots of amu are in this situation now!!!!
Anybody was under the scope of being fired for no reason just beacause
somebody said "we was saying this and that....." , do you want the full list , just go to hr department and pay a visit to their files.

AMU could be a nice place to work but unfortunatelly it turned into hell,
enjoy

But of course do not forget the management of AMU with all the nice deals they made, from maintenance to routes, catering to equipment,etc.
I do not forget the time long hair showed me printer that costed twice the normal price and he could not do anything regarding that!!!:ugh:

Remember the president that was spending 200000 mop per weekend in zuhai?
in golf and clubs?
called back to pek?
do you remember a president of amu who had the knee cap destroyed by a kind of ninja? This gentleman was one that was working well, maybe he was upseting many people!
Do you remember a president that went back to TPE after many nice deals like being the airline with more counters in TPE? spare parts? etc?

So please check all the history .
But do not speak only of amu, this things happen all hover the world, just see the economy crash that we have now, reason:
the nice deals performed by banking ceo's and their friends and staff.

How many airlines went bust with nice deals , just read about Frank Lorenzo and texas air, the deals of Volare and their management, TAAG in Angola, Nigeria Airways, etc,etc.

so I can only say one thing MOU MAN TAI

Pitiless
25th Mar 2009, 02:09
Ethics??? Do you really wanna talk about ethics?
Ethics it's surely not bypass the Head of Department and all other post holders presenting oneself to CEO as the Angel Guard of AMU.....
That's why Long Hair dind't like the guy and some others. Also Uggly aviation stories from the 80's era...... Some date back long ago from OTHER CONTINENT!. Very stylish people. Still around here and as good followers! SMART ALEC PEOPLE! Quite a few still in the market! Soon or later they will pay the bill. Ah Ah They have to. It's quite a long break down bill to be settled down I am affraid say so....
Quite a few bad and vicious characters still around in the Portuguese Aviation world man! Luckly most of those individuals are already spotted. That's why every now and then we hear news about one of those ANGELS been barred from entrance... classified as UNDESIRABLE PEOPLE! It's very well done!
Better cut the story short.....
MA MEN TAI

CR-ASC
25th Mar 2009, 16:05
YES
Ethics, maybe you should Know better the past history regarding amu.
Until long hair and vs reached power never, never,never, had, such problems, ocurred within amu.:eek:

As well, for your information the things were not related to other continent they hapened in Asia:ok:, but maybe you do not know it, but I was THERE!long hair problem! The other one you are talking about was with vs, at that time not yet DFO!

Very ethical way of doing things for sure.:eek:

So, what we have now is a downward spiral about Omun Fei Key.:ugh:
Anyway I am not worried about it , I am out of that harbour.

Just is a pitty that this airline took this path!

Anybody joining amu, just read the posts regarding it, and you can judge the environment! It was the best airline that I worked for (during a period), then
because of petty people the result was what you can see now.

TonTonMatuk
25th Mar 2009, 17:26
For your information i was there well before you!
I was there from the beginning (1995)with JC as DFO and JV as chief pilot.
You joined AMU later!
I say again better cut the story short....

sylversurfer
27th Mar 2009, 15:14
Care to detail a little further the kind of issues you and our former coleagues were confronted with during the interviews? Something that I suspected was about to happen given the low level of some posts,however a smart person conducting an interview would realize that only 3 or 4 individuals in a universe of more than a hundred are responsible for downgrading our reputation.

CR-ASC
27th Mar 2009, 16:47
You are totally right,
the low level of a few ones spoiled (at least gave a lot of work to
clear the mess when possible) the life of the others.

Not only with the stuff that sometimes we read in this forum, but because
of the actions of a few nice fellows that spread the wrong ideia all over.

As a small note, none of ex-amu pilots were able to get a job in a particular but interesting location of S.E.Asia in last January, due to this (5 pilots to be precise).:ooh:

I will try to send you a private message latter.

Fubaliera
27th Mar 2009, 19:20
The problem isnt the airline, the problem is the guys that came from africa at amu are twisted, evil and stupid.(some exceptions) Then you got the english as a second language south americans who couldnt go anyplace else because of lack of document, english or flying skills. Only Vietnam Airlines is gonna ask questions about amu due to obvious reasons.
On top of the amu bad guys you have the chinese penny pinchers, who ridiculous budget affects salary, training, equipment, quality of staff etc etc. On top of that any lack of growth or expansion of the airline a dead end and a heaven for guys who cant go anywhere else.

Marsu Bestana
29th Mar 2009, 11:01
Hey guys, i really dont understand why somebody could just shoot his own foot, i mean, of course things around here are very messy, all the posts so far has its bit of true, and I really don't disagree with any of what all of you just said. But the point is... what are these posts that i read here helping us in any way? The ones who don't like the VPFO, or CP, or other colleagues, I think you could take 2 ways, depending on your character: if you have balls, and wake up in the morning and see yourself as a MAN, you can either refrain your toughts to youself, in order to preserve your job and your position, or if you really think they are ****, you can go up to them and just tell them waht you think, and maybe you will be able to see more than just what you know now. But to write your opinions here, jeopardizing all of us, and hidden behind a fancy nickname, isn't the stuff I would say that comes from the man I mentioned above, but comes from the guy who wakes up in the morning, looks at the mirror and deep inside knows: "Damn, I am a F.... pussy"...
So lets start posting things that can at least help us in any way in our day by day life, such as experiences, discovers, findinds, mistakes, etc, things that can move our lifes foward, instead of backwards.
Remember, the ones that write in here and make this a backyard laundry either is not in Air Macau anymore or has no idea about what that kind of bulls... is causing to all of us. I really suggest and invite the real men who are reading this to open a new forum and with our real names, so we all can know who is who. And I assure you that things will start looking much better for us, and we will keep the guys who are jealous and bad minded about our companies out of the loop and looking exactly what they are. a sorry bunch of loosers. But I really need the help of the ones who are not part of this bunch, if any, around here. It's time to start building, enough of breaking down. So, I know many posts regarding this will do the same as before, will keep the offences and the pointless talk. But I know as well that the real man that writes here and is reading this now will join me, and others to come, in a new, clean and meaninfull forum. For me, if I cannot find any man here, I will just leave you guys alone in this crap. But if I manage to get some help, I will be the first one to write on the new post, with my real name, with my real opinion... who comes with me????? Cheers....

Fubaliera
29th Mar 2009, 14:48
MB either the truth hurts or too much drinking

Velinho
30th Mar 2009, 02:39
Chicken out? Cock-and-Bull's...:=

Marsu Bestana
30th Mar 2009, 13:08
2 guys out! I still ask: any man with balls around here? or just pussycats?

Velinho
2nd Apr 2009, 19:23
Flying Chicken Club...No Doubt!!!

Fubaliera
2nd Apr 2009, 22:57
afrikan chicken club

Marsu Bestana
11th Apr 2009, 14:36
This Was Posted In The Vietnam Airlines Forum ....hope They Give Some Good News

Marsu Bestana
12th Apr 2009, 11:45
I Wish This Was The Only Thing He Can't Do!!!! Its Easier To Name What He Can!!!! By The Way...we Cannot Say Names Here, So Forget About The Name I Gave. Just Focus On A Sick Person Addicted To Ladyboys And With A Syndrome Of Inferiority Gave By Brazilian Children Who Used To Make Him The Joke Of The Neighborhood! Poor Guy...lets Exercise Our Pitty!

zhuhai-itcouldfly
12th Apr 2009, 12:17
How nice one F/O even armed the APP pb in the FCU. NDB approach. Senior F/O. :eek: While flying with your favorite captain.

And so i hope there are no hypocrites here.

Fubaliera
12th Apr 2009, 13:28
Gentleman, everybody and thier mother knows he cannot survive anyplace else but NX. The Vietnam story is true but did the Chief Pilot do anything, of course not he is too busy try to takeover the VPFO JOB.

flaps4
12th Apr 2009, 16:43
There is another idiot Capt. Hugo that resigned few weeks ago to join Air Arabia and then give up. Why this morons don`t leave?