PDA

View Full Version : Some help please for a potential aviation engineer!

Foxy Loxy
1st Mar 2009, 22:16
Hello!

I hope I've posted this in the most appropriate form. If not,Mods, please feel free to move it.

My 15 year old nephew will be sitting his GCSEs this summer, and is interested in pursuing a career in Engineering. At the moment, his favoured choices are split between cars and aviation.

Even at 15, he's a total petrolhead :} but is also interested in aviation as we are an aviation-orientated family by virtue of having 3 generations' worth of involvement. The issue is that he's received some work experience with cars, but none of aviation so far.

My nephew lives in Surrey, and would like to visit ANY establishment where aircraft maintenance takes place so he can decide for certain which direction he will take.

If anyone in Surrey/Berks/Hants or within about an hour's drive away feel they can show my nephew around for a day, can you please let me know?

Thank you!

shinobi1
2nd Mar 2009, 19:59
I'd love to help out, but unfortunately I work airside at lgw and BAA security won't allow any non pass holders airside.

This may prove to be a problem with many aviation companies at large airports. You may have more luck at smaller airports. Might be worth trying one of these airfields? Lots of Bizjets in your part of the country. Might be the way to go?

Hope this helps?

Shinobi

Flintstone
2nd Mar 2009, 20:25
Foxy.

You have mail.